Options

Unable to pass ITIL MALC

csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
After working so hard and study still couldnt manage to pass ITIL MALC. This was my first attempt.

It's more frustrating because I scored really high in MOCK exam papers so I was very confident that I will be able to clear. But luck isnt in my side.

I have read some forum posts where some people said that its easy and some people said that its very difficult. I guess I can now understand why people say like that. There are various sets of papers which keeps going to differnet people, if you are lucky then u get an easy paper , if you are not lucky (like me) then you may get a hard paper (which I got).

Anyway, I want to move on and start the perp again to go for the exam again. But any help on this will be highly appreciated. Pls mail me if you can. Thanks a lot.

my email is csaha@ymail.com

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi csaha, sorry to hear you didn't get the result you needed. MALC is very tough exam and it's not uncommon for delegates to need a second attempt.

One thing I would mention is to contact your training provider for help with your post-exam report. Either they or you should have received a report showing which syllabus areas you performed well on in the exam, and where you performed poorly. Your training provider should then be able to give you some study suggestions.

Good luck!

Claire
  • Options
    Thanks Claire for the reply.

I am however hearing from many candidates that for MALC exam, these are the 2 most imp Life Cycles to understand clearly ...

1. Service Strategy
    2. CSI

To what extent is it true ?

I am also wondering is anyone has any brain **** on the ares of the actual MALC questions, if anyone can help with that then that will help to prepare for the exam ...
  • Options
    Hi csaha, the purpose of MALC is to test your understanding of all of the lifecycle together, so Strategy and CSI are certainly important. I don't know what intermediate track you took, but if you took the capability route you might find some reading into CSI will help, as it's not covered so well in that track.

Claire
  • Options
    I took this track to go for MALC : ITIL PPO, OSA, SOA & RCV (Intermediate Level)
  • Options
    Cerebro 2.0Cerebro 2.0 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the next attempt. I am studying for SO at the moment, aiming to take the exam before the end of this month.
    ITIL SO [In progress]
    Prince 2 Foundation [In progress]
  • Options
    Hi csaha in that case reading up on CSI will definitely help - the capability track doesn't cover it much and it's important for MALC. You could even ask your training provider to give you the CSI Lifecycle stream exam papers to practice with?
  • Options
    Thanks Claire. Thanks Cerebro.

Yes Claire I have got those papers already ...

Now my only worry is MALC ...
  • Options
    tez3003tez3003 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□