Options

ITIL study guide and notes

trafficctrafficc Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I want you to help in studying for ITIL. I have ordered: ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide.

How long should I study for this exam? Everybody says it is an easy exam, should I remember each and every word in that book I purchased above?

People say get ITIL dumbs... is it worth it to get exam questions ****?

Should I relay only on that book? Just share with me your ways in studying for ITIL. I would really appreciate that.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are many exam question dumbs available on net. Get those and memorise all. Easily u can score 30+
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have to **** (using dumbs) to pass an easy exam like ITIL foundation, what will you do when you decide to go for more advanced IT certificates?

csaha: Please do not advise members that cheating is easy and good to pass exams!
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »
    If you have to **** (using dumbs) to pass an easy exam like ITIL foundation, what will you do when you decide to go for more advanced IT certificates?

csaha: Please do not advise members that cheating is easy and good to pass exams!

Actually if you noticed, I've asked my question not in order to pass ITIL quickly. But in order to understand any technique that helps in studying for this CERT. So far, it is easy, but is a book the only option? Can I pass from video training?

Or by using some notes..

I just want your help regarding studying notes that are covering the most important things. Otherwise, if I'm going to study from book, I don't know how much time should I dedicate for it.
  • Options
    wd40 wrote: »

In fact I agree but i did not advise or cheating. I have seen my friends *who are dev mgrs/PMs etc* to pass itil foundation by reading and memorising various questions. Thats not cheating. But definitely quick win. Obviously there is no short cut if you are planning to go for advanced but 70% people do foundation only ...
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    To csaha - Memorizing questions to gain a certificate , when you do not understand the questions is pointless, and will give employers etc. a false idea of skills and knowledge. The foundation is not hard, but it requires a bit of work and thought. Most people pass after a 3 day classroom course, or a couple of weeks of after-work effort completing an online course or reading a study guide. By all means practice test questions, to get used to how the questions are asked, but the point is to gain understanding, that you can apply in the workplace. The OP was NOT asking how to gain a certificate without understanding. To answer the original question, read your guide, and answer the test questions - understanding, not memorising every word! (Although key terms/definitions should be committed to memory).
  • Options
    To csaha - Memorizing questions to gain a certificate , when you do not understand the questions is pointless, and will give employers etc. a false idea of skills and knowledge. The foundation is not hard, but it requires a bit of work and thought.

I really need to make myself clear it seems. I have never said that knowledge is not required. I have only talked about the techniques and tricks to pass the exam. There is no point having a great deal of knowledge if the candidate doesn't understand how to apply and where to apply using what techniques and tricks. Only with Knowledge no one can pass ITIL exams so techniques and tricks are equally important (in fact more important I would say). Bookish knowledge will help to great extent ... and then from that point candidates will have to techniques and tricks to proceed further ...

Again, I am clarifying , knowledge is extremely imp but techniques and tricks are imp too ...
  • Options
    Let's not draft away from the subject... I really need your help regarding pointing to some study guide and method. A strange to study well for this exam... Please share ideas.
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi trafficc, these questions come up a lot so I've put together a blog to help - you can find it here: Your ITIL Foundation Certification Questions Answered | ITSM Zone

Enjoy your studying and good luck with the exam, Claire
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    I think if you search online you can got lot of study notes.
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just started studying for this. This is what i am using:

ITIL - Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam - Best Management Practice Product

CBT Nuggets - ITIL Foundations- By Chris Ward