Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    3 per exam
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    3 per exam

Holy cow! I was not aware of this! Awesome.
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    3 per exam

Nice! Good to know, thanks.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You get 3 free tries..then you have to cough up $300 for the tests...
    Any reference for this? I was reading the FAQ and they say if you fail you can request a retake but its case by case approval. There was something like max 2 vouchers per exam. Hopefully will not come to retake but its always good to know you have at least second chance. If you have 3rd that would be amazing
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whoknew wrote: »
    USED & ABUSED BY THE 210-255 SECOPS EXAM

Congrats!
    Thanks for the wonderful tips on the exam preparation materials.
    I am halfway through SECOPS, but unfortunately I have different mentors. I will send you pm so I can get those materials, just to cover as much ground as I can.
    thanks again for the tips
  • Options
    cisco4lifecisco4life Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats whoknew! I just sent you a PM...thanks
  • Options
    requested my voucher for SECFND today.
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just passed the SECFND exam. Now to start on SECOPS.
  • Options
    devilbones wrote: »

Congrats man! What were your thoughts on the exam? Were the included materials enough?
  • Options
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Congrats man! What were your thoughts on the exam? Were the included materials enough?
    There were some questions that I didnt recognize. Other than that it was pretty straightforward. I think I spent about 25-35 mins on the exam.
  • Options
    cyberguysnrcyberguysnr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I am encouraged to pass.
  • Options
    cyberguysnrcyberguysnr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for the feedback. And congratulations for making it.
  • Options
    whoknewwhoknew Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Replicon wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Thanks for the wonderful tips on the exam preparation materials.
    I am halfway through SECOPS, but unfortunately I have different mentors. I will send you pm so I can get those materials, just to cover as much ground as I can.
    thanks again for the tips

So glad you posted this note so I can tell everyone about those exam materials. Due to the number of requests I've had for these materials, I posted them on the Facebook group called "CCNA Cyber Ops Study Group" for anyone to download. Just type in exactly what I have in quotes above & that will take you directly to the group.

So please head to that Facebook group, join, & check out the documents section. You'll find my docs & many others in that section to download. Also, there's a ton of advice from group members who have taken both exams on how to prepare & what to expect from each exam. It's the best resource out there to help with these exams without divulging actual exam questions or answers. That & take my advice from my original post on the 210-255 exam & you'll have what you need to take down both exams.

Good luck on the exams to everyone !!! icon_cool.gif
    "I got a BAD feeling about this..."

What's Next: CISM, CompTIA CySA+ & PenTest+, OSCP, CCNP Security, GSEC, GPEN
  • Options

Good job...now you should be loaded for bear to take down the 210-255 exam. Good hunting...

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I didn't know the facebook group was there! What a GREAT idea! Just asked to join!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    I didn't know the facebook group was there! What a GREAT idea! Just asked to join!

FB group was started by a gentleman from South Africa, Chelin Sampson. As you'll read, Chelin was originally scheduled for the 4th cohort but was bumped up into the current 2nd cohort at the end of March.

Although there's a bit of non-related fluff there, the document section more than makes up for it. Also, 1 of the members has scoured the site & collected in 1 place all the exam experiences & study tips that multiple 210-250 & 210-255 test takers have posted. And with nearly 7,000 members, this FB group is THE place to get information on the courses & exams.

And sorry for beating a dead horse, but don't go hunting for bear loaded for squirrel...you're not gonna like the outcome. Go join this group & get yourself loaded for bear.

• Options

You should have my doc that has all of the SECFND end of section quizzes in an unanswered format. Take those quizzes AND all of the quiz-lets in each subsection until you're perfect. Lastly, review that exam blueprint for anything you missed and you should skate through with a 900+ score. You got this....

• Options
    Do you have the end of section quizzes for SECOPS?
  • Options
    Do you have the end of section quizzes for SECOPS?

No, I don't. Our mentors when nuts over the gap between the on-line training material & the exam content & told us to focus our attention on that "GAP COVERAGE DOCUMENT" they created. That doc (which is just an exam blueprint with examples & external references) was my primary study guide.

I took the end of section quizzes & the sub-section quiz-lets until I was perfect but I never created an all in 1 PDF. Can't stress how important the web tutorial on regular expressions & the 2 NIST docs factor into the exam. Ya gotta study & know those resources thoroughly to perform well on the SECOPS exam.

• Options
    No, I don't. Our mentors when nuts over the gap between the on-line training material & the exam content & told us to focus our attention on that "GAP COVERAGE DOCUMENT" they created. That doc (which is just an exam blueprint with examples & external references) was my primary study guide.

I took the end of section quizzes & the sub-section quiz-lets until I was perfect but I never created an all in 1 PDF. Can't stress how important the web tutorial on regular expressions & the 2 NIST docs factor into the exam. Ya gotta study & know those resources thoroughly to perform well on the SECOPS exam.
    I will look for that one. Thanks. I really liked the last one you created and the method to use it.
  • Options
    adam220891adam220891 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the SECFND today and passed easily. I honestly wish I took it a few weeks ago. I made a 700 mile move and started a new job, so it slowed down my progress a bit. I now have basically a month to get the material covered and due the labs/quizzes in order to request a voucher (which is good for 60 days thankfully...since there's little chance I'll be read to take it by June 15th).

I honestly found the test pretty simple. I have taken the Sec+ and old CCNA: Security as well as have taken a couple Linux classes and most importantly, have used all of this stuff on the job the past few years. I'm sure the next exam is harder, but right now I'm just not sure who this cert is aimed at. I am believing there is a trend to groom people directly into security and the content would back that up. I would say you should get exposure to some other areas of technology before getting into security (and as a result, you'd have known most of the 210-250 topics) but I guess the demand for specialized analysts is driving this change.
  • Options

I am going to schedule the SECOPS soon. Where is the GAP COVERAGE Document?
  • Options
    adam220891 wrote: »
    I took the SECFND today and passed easily. I honestly wish I took it a few weeks ago.

+1 took it today and wished I would not have waited. I was thinking I'd be right at passing going in but scored a 965.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I need to finish the labs and get the SECFND knocked out.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm behind on this course, much more than I'd like to be. Found out last minute that I'll be going to Palo Alto's Ignite thing next month and that I'll be taking their PCNSE certification while there, so I've been trying to juggle that material, my SANS GCIH material, and this course, while also trying to buy a house. Bad idea! I'm having to sideline the eCPPT course completely for now.

I'll be using this weekend trying to catch up on a lot of material. At least with the SECFND course, a lot of the material is similar to what I covered with Sec+ and GSEC. It makes me think I shouldn't have too much trouble with the SECFND exam once I finish the material, but I could be way off.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm behind on this course, much more than I'd like to be. Found out last minute that I'll be going to Palo Alto's Ignite thing next month and that I'll be taking their PCNSE certification while there, so I've been trying to juggle that material, my SANS GCIH material, and this course, while also trying to buy a house. Bad idea! I'm having to sideline the eCPPT course completely for now.

I'll be using this weekend trying to catch up on a lot of material. At least with the SECFND course, a lot of the material is similar to what I covered with Sec+ and GSEC. It makes me think I shouldn't have too much trouble with the SECFND exam once I finish the material, but I could be way off.

I am behind, too, thanks to overall timing. My daughter graduated from HS last week, family and friends came in for the graduation and some have stayed through this week. I just need to spend some time finishing the labs and I will be fine, I am sure. I have the book and am thinking about buying the videos...I am sure I don't need them but I have never taken a Cisco exam which makes me anxious.

I hope all of your certification, training, and life events don't derail you, globalenjoi.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    I am going to schedule the SECOPS soon. Where is the GAP COVERAGE Document?

Go to Facebook & in the search box, paste in "Cisco Cyber Ops Study Group" & join that group. The gap coverage PDF & other docs are in the documents section of that FB group. Make sure to download BOTH NIST documents as well (NIST SP.800-61 & NIST SP.800-86). You MUST study both of those NIST docs thoroughly and know what happens at all of the different stages of incident response. Also, one of the members has created a sub-page inside the group where he's collected all of the exam tips from members who've taken the exams for both exams....that's pure gold.

• Options
    +1 took it today and wished I would not have waited. I was thinking I'd be right at passing going in but scored a 965.

Interesting....same score here. Not sure what I got wrong either.

Just as a note: I believe mentors are accessible until June 15th, course material until July 15th, and vouchers are good 60 days from date of request, so around September 15th would be your last possible day to take the SECOPS test.
  • Options
    adam220891 wrote: »
    Interesting....same score here. Not sure what I got wrong either.

Just as a note: I believe mentors are accessible until June 15th, course material until July 15th, and vouchers are good 60 days from date of request, so around September 15th would be your last possible day to take the SECOPS test.

I plan on getting all the class reviewed by next Wednesday. By then I will have the SECOPS ebook with some practice exams with it. I want this over to move on to the next thing. I'm not getting the training I want this year, (GRC instead of security, smh), So I have to pull myself up by the bootstraps and train myself in something cool. Just don't know what that will be yet.
  • Options
    I plan on getting all the class reviewed by next Wednesday. By then I will have the SECOPS ebook with some practice exams with it. I want this over to move on to the next thing. I'm not getting the training I want this year, (GRC instead of security, smh), So I have to pull myself up by the bootstraps and train myself in something cool. Just don't know what that will be yet.

I didn't mean to single you out, just a PSA of sorts.

I finished the class yesterday, but going to spend time reviewing the material and then the gap coverage and regex/pcap filters before I consider requesting a voucher. It was just nice to know I didn't need to get it all done by June 15th.