Options

ITIL Foundation passed and self study notes and ideas for others.

crabsodyinbluecrabsodyinblue Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
At the end of March I passed the ITIL Foundation exam via exin.com (online). My preparation of self study involved information from a few sources if it helps anyone in future here is a list and some notes of useful resources I used.

Following a bit of research I signed up to an account on the Udemy web site and my first introduction was a Free 1 hour overview of ITIL
ITIL Foundation Overview online course (Master of Project Academy) (1 Hour Free Overview)

Next I commenced reading the indepth book "ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide" by Liz Gallacher & Helen Morris, the book is very in depth and very complete, although it can be daunting at first.

While slowly working my way from the book I also commenced another Udemy course
ITIL® Foundation: COMPLETE ITIL® Foundation Exam Training (Master of Project Academy) (14 hours) , This online course did bring along my understanding although the delivery of the content could have been better.

Although still struggling to remember all the aspects of ITIL, I came across the ITSM Zone courses on Udemy
ITIL Lite (ITSM Zone) 1 Hour Free Overview
ITIL Foundation Course (ITSM Zone) 6 Hours of videos

The presentation of the ITSM Zone videos was far better and easily to follow. (In short I would opt for them first if I did this route again.)

Running up to when I felt more confident to invest in taking the exam online I purchased the book
ITIL Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need by Claire Agutter.
This book is more concise in size with the vital facts you need for last minute revision in the week leading up the exam. (Well worth the price.)

To familiar myself with some of types of questions I downloaded the Android App "EXIN Quiz (created by Equizzing)"

Anyway the above items helped myself in gaining the ITIL foundation, and last week I sat the
"EXIN Foundation Bridge in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000" to compliement the previous ITIL qualification.

Comments