Options

Failed Itil Foundations

tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sat down for the test and didn't recognize the majority questions. I think it was the way it was worded. Did the Exin practice tests along with many others. This was a Exin test and for sure wasn't like their practice tests. Read the l L:iz and Helen along with a 3 day class at the beg of the year.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, I found the wording quite puzzling to read. I had to read it a couple of times(being a dyslexic, it is very important). The practice test on knowledge academy was no way near what was on the test. I passed with a 67.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    I'm going to guess you dont find ITIL interesting (which is very reasonable) you are obviously capable of passing difficult exams as you have already done so. I passed ITIL by just purchasing a course from udemy for £6 in the sale, didn't use anything else but I am from a Business admin background so alot of it was kind of familiar in a way.
  • Options
    aptgetaptget Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree the material has the ability to be very dry. If this is holding you back, I would recommend just trying to find a way to make it meaningful. This approach worked for me when the words in the book just all merged and I mentally checked out of it at times. I would just take a quick break and come back to it with an attitude I would get something of value out of it or at least tell myself this information may come into play at some point in the future so just learn it. Also, along with the book I think you need to hit up the old google and search for free or paid practice exams. For me, seeing wrong answers really helped me on areas I needed to reread in order to truly understand what I was reading. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    There have been new exams released recently, and many people have complained that teh wording is difficult. This has been fed back to the accreditor, and one question has been removed, but I would not expect anything much to happen quickly for the others, as the accreditor may not agree with the criticisms.
    Just one point - people talk here about Exin exams, or Knowledge Academy exams etc. ALL exams are drawn from the same pool of questions, supplied by the accreditor Axelos. The exam will be based on these, and set by one of the Examination Institutes (EXIN, Peoplecert,APMG, BCS etc.) The Training companies such as Knowledge Academy will have a contract with one of the Examination Institutes to supply exams - but basically there is no difference, whoever you sit it through, online or paper.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the exam at the end of June and found the wording to be very difficult. I took lots of practice tests with an average score of 75. I just passed the test, not one point higher. I was angry I got such a low score but relieved it is behind me.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agreed weird test.