Options

Passed ITIL Foundations--Easy Thanks to Book

gphalpingphalpin Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the ITIL Foundations exam yesterday with a 90% thanks to the ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide, written by Liz Gallacher, published by Sybex.

I read a chapter a night, took the quizzes at the end of each chapter, then reviewed for a week. I took the exam right in my home, using EXIN's online test option. From beginning to end, it was a three week process.

I've been in IT for 15 years and decided it's time to obtain the ITIL Foundations certification since many positions require it these days. The book is excellent preparation. It also gives you access to prep exams you can download. I thought the actual test was much easier than the prep tests. If you've been in IT for a few years, some of this is info you already know or heard about. If I knew the ITIL cert was this easy, I would have done it years ago.

If you do take the test via EXIN online, do a search on promo codes. That saves me about $40.

Good luck with your exam.

Comments

• Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much was it ?
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gphalpingphalpin Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    $187 US dollars for the exam and about $38 for the book.
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congratulations. Well Done. Hope you get new heights of success after achieving this milestone.
  • Options
    avan82avan82 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,
    I want to register for the ITIL exam and I want to be sure that this exam is under
    EXIN Certifications then
    ITIL-Foundation: ITIL ® Foundation

Iam correct???
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Great to hear that you found the book helpful. We have written a second one, covering the intermediate lifecycle courses, and arejust finishing one covering tha capability qualifications.