Options

GSE written exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! My Dream Cert.. one day icon_cheers.gif i feel like retiring after obtaining it icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gwood113 wrote: »
    I passed. The last thing I did this morning was take the gsec and gcia practice tests. I ran out of time before I could get gcih done. Used my gcih and gcia books and indexes. Didn't have any printed materials from gsec.

Congratulations.

I had a quick question about the practice tests. Normally the GSEC is a 5 hour practice test and the GCIH 4 hours if memory serves me correctly. Where your practice tests as long? Or did they have fewer questions and a shorter time period?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    URG_PSH_FINURG_PSH_FIN Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gwood113: Congrats on the pass! I just submitted my application for the written exam and hope to sit it by Mid-November. At that point, I have to work on setting up a home environment for my lab.

How did you find the written portion?
    MS in Information Assurance - Regis University

2018 Goals - [ ] GSE Lab [ ] OSCP Enrollment
    Late 2018-Early 2019 Goals: [ ] RHCSA [ ] RHCE
  • Options
    gwood113gwood113 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For practice tests:
    I took the written back in may sp I don't quite remember how long the practice tests were. I normally just blast through practice tests with no index and explanations for wrong answers turned on. Memory tells me that they looked and felt like regular practice tests though.

For the GSE written:
    It is straight forward. It covers the core of 401, 503, and 504. I took my 503 and 504 books and indexes into the test with me and did fine. Don't let the fact that it's the GSE give you anxiety. At the end of the day it's one more GIAC test and you'll have taken a grip of them (unless you're a writer) by the time you get to this one so you should be somewhat comfortable with them so just prepare like you normally would.

For the lab:
    Like I said a couple posts ago, the lab objectives and the list of programs on the GSE site is what should guide your study. Be good at, and/or with, all the items mentioned and you should do well.
  • Options
    URG_PSH_FINURG_PSH_FIN Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the info! Again, congrats on the pass. I am just waiting on my application to be approved so I can sign-up to sit the exam.
    MS in Information Assurance - Regis University

2018 Goals - [ ] GSE Lab [ ] OSCP Enrollment
    Late 2018-Early 2019 Goals: [ ] RHCSA [ ] RHCE
  • Options
    hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Thanks for the insights. I still need to take Sec503/GIAC, but that is on my objectives for next year.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow congrats, first GSE lab review on this board in a while. or ever?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.