Options

Failed my ITIL Intermediate Service Transition exam

minKimminKim Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_sad.gif

I took this exam today and to my horror FAILED miserably. Im hoping to re-do it in about a month. Any tips please? Any **** or sample exams anyone could share please?

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi minKim,

Start by asking your training provider for your exam report if you don't have it already - it will show you areas to focus on. Also find out if they will give you access to the RCV sample exams to practice on. There are only 2 sample papers for ST so you probably have them already.

I would recommend a strong focus on exam technique as it is essential at this level - **** will not help.

Good luck,

Claire
  • Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    minKim wrote: »
    Any **** or sample exams anyone could share please?

Sorry to hear about the result, but there are only the two sample exams available anywhere and these will be provided by your training company.

I found the only way is to go back to the books, really dig into the material and consider how it applies to the real world then see how it is applied in the sample exams. It is slow and dull work but I never found a better way with this type of material.

It may be worth going back to the training company with the breakdown of the exam result so they can help you focus on your weaknesses.
  • Options
    minKimminKim Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks UncleB and Claire. Yes I also think that the exam technique is what let me down, getting the 5 among the weighted answers. I have the 2 sample questions but I doubt they do much to help with getting the technique. Will just have to dig deeper into the material. Thinking of redoing it at the end of this month.
  • Options
    Good luck minKim, make sure you get those RCV sample exams from your training provider and use them for extra technique practice. Claire
  • Options
    Rob12345!Rob12345! Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Unfortunately the same happened to me this week. Got my result yesterday. Are there any good books to reference besides the training book and 2 x practice exams I got from GK? Thanks for the suggestions..
  • Options
    Hi Rob, sorry to hear that. Do you feel like it was exam technique or subject matter knowledge that affected you most? If it was exam technique, check out my recommendations above re. getting additional sample exams for similar areas.

If it was subject matter - try this book Wiley: ITIL Intermediate Certification Companion Study Guide: Intermediate ITIL Service Lifecycle Exams - Helen Morris, Liz Gallacher

It's from Helen Morris and Liz Gallacher who wrote the excellent Foundation study guide, and it's just as comprehensive and useful.

Good luck, Claire
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep on going and do not give up!