Options

ITIL Foundations....

PeccoPecco Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can any one help me out and point me in the direction of some good study material for ITIL Foundations? I know it's popular in Europe but not so much in North America (yet).

Thanx!!!
Lack of planning on your part will not constitute an emergency on my part!

Comments

• Options
    ExDssExDss Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking into getting my ITIL foundations exam as well. I have been having a hard time trying to find any adequate study materials, but did find this book which has gotten rave reviews:

IT Service Management: An Introduction - By Jan Van Bon, George Kemmerling, Dick Pondman

I did stumble across this site: www.itilmonkey.com. It has some solid preparation material for taking the foundations exam, as well as their own publication that you can purchase for around $50.00. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought ITIL Monkeys study guide (which comes in PDF) - I've read the first 15 pages, and it seems really good.

My employer highly recommends ITIL certification - what they ended up doing not too long ago (but before I got hired there), is they put about 15 people thru the ITIL Foundations course and paid for their exam. Its 40 questions and supposed to be fairly easy/logical. I'll be heading for mine before mid July I think.

It seems as though ITIL is really picking up - I hadn't heard of it until I got hired in April, and my husband is looking for an IT job come July (damn term contracts) - one of the places he looked at is also looking for ITIL certified people.
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ExDss wrote:
    I am looking into getting my ITIL foundations exam as well. I have been having a hard time trying to find any adequate study materials, but did find this book which has gotten rave reviews:

IT Service Management: An Introduction - By Jan Van Bon, George Kemmerling, Dick Pondman

I did stumble across this site: www.itilmonkey.com. It has some solid preparation material for taking the foundations exam, as well as their own publication that you can purchase for around $50.00. Hope this helps!

Good book. I used it to pass the exam. Some of it is logical but you must understand the processes involved.

Also, some of the things are a bit illogical. Some things you would think would go under a certain area don't and other things closely interlink with other areas.

You will find that out when your studying though. I haven't been to market with this cert yet so not sure how valuable it can be.
  • Options
    flaviolimarjflaviolimarj Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Knives Out wrote:
    I bought ITIL Monkeys study guide (which comes in PDF) - I've read the first 15 pages, and it seems really good.

My employer highly recommends ITIL certification - what they ended up doing not too long ago (but before I got hired there), is they put about 15 people thru the ITIL Foundations course and paid for their exam. Its 40 questions and supposed to be fairly easy/logical. I'll be heading for mine before mid July I think.

It seems as though ITIL is really picking up - I hadn't heard of it until I got hired in April, and my husband is looking for an IT job come July (damn term contracts) - one of the places he looked at is also looking for ITIL certified people.

Hi,
    Did you pass good on ITIL exam?
    Do u have a braindump to send me?
    thanks.
    70-215,70-228,70-229,70-306,70-270,70-218,70-216,70-217, 70-221
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I done the course and passed the exam in 3 days. Was pretty intensive but passed with 33 out of 40. The pass mark is 26 and I think the pass rate for ITIL foundations is something like 85% of people pass first time

http://www.itiltraining.com/itilfaqs.html
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Knives Out wrote:

Hi,
    thanks.

Are you seriously asking for a braindump? As you should already know thats unauthorized......
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    albynetyalbynety Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Pal,

Please do you have the current **** for this exams?

Please do helpout.

Thanx
    Alby
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I am starting to think that **** are still ultra popular in some places. People, prove your level of experience - do not rely on ****! You will learn more and get more satisfaction studying everything yourself. **** are bringing down the industry and certification-worthiness.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I sat the Help Desk Institute Support Center Team Lead exam yesterday and passed. In the 4 SCTL exam domains, one is exclusive to ITIL.

I also see the ITIL certification having value and will sit the ITIL Foundations exam soon.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In a couple months I will probably start studying for my ITIL foundation. I plan on using the following book:
    Foundations of IT Service Management: based on ITIL (also by Jan Van Bon)
    http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Service-Management-English-version/dp/9077212582/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209478924&sr=8-1
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Knives Out wrote:

Hi,
    thanks.

Can someone take out the inadequete posts some of these morons are asking for?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    royal wrote:
    In a couple months I will probably start studying for my ITIL foundation. I plan on using the following book:
    Foundations of IT Service Management: based on ITIL (also by Jan Van Bon)
    http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Service-Management-English-version/dp/9077212582/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209478924&sr=8-1

Careful royal, that's the ITIL V2 book. I placed an order for the ITIL V3 book on Amazon back in March and it is still on backorder. I've been too busy with other topics since then to care much, but I really should look into this cert some time this summer. I am starting to see more job postings asking for familiarity with ITIL at least although I haven't seen any that require the cert yet (at least in the areas I am searching). Maybe I'll try the ITIL Monkeys book mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you guys are taking an actual class, I wouldn't recommend purchasing any additional study material....if your trainer is accredited you'll get everything you need in the class.

If you are doing it solo, then my advice is to take advantage of the various free information that is available on the web.

For example, for ITIL Foundation, for ITIL Foundation (v2 or v3) be familiar with the ITIL glossary, available at:

http://www.best-management-practice.com/gempdf/ITIL_Glossary_V3_1_24.pdf

MS