Passed GSEC!

kye.daveykye.davey Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
As of Monday now GSEC Certified!!

Was aiming to achieve a result of 90% and walked out with a 96%.

I attended the SANS401 course approx 6 weeks ago, run by Eric Cole. The course was excellent, fast passed and all the content backed up by stories of real world experience from Eric.

Following the course I created my index as I was reading back through the material and MP3's. I achieved a 92% on the first practice exam and found a few small areas to improve my index. Two days out from the GSEC Exam I sat the second practice scoring 95%.

As I sat the Real Exam I felt the questions were slightly more involved and was assuming to achieve a result slightly lower than that of the practice exams. To my surprise as I finished the exam and 96% appeared, Couldn't be happier.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations, That's the second highest score I heard about for the GSEC, the only person I know that did better was Bryan Simons, he got a 100%.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Congratulations, That's the second highest score I heard about for the GSEC, the only person I know that did better was Bryan Simons, he got a 100%.

Cough, cough...I got a 96% on the GSEC too. :)

Congrats on the pass!!!