Just got my GCIH books...I'm a bit overwhelmed lol. Questions.

fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got all of my books in the mail. For some reason I didn't expect them to be as big as they are lol. I definitely see why the index makes sense now. With so much information, it seems almost impossible to do without an index or if it wasn't open book.

Is it best to do this class Linux or Windows? How much is done in virtual machines?

Comments

• markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since you're doing the Simulcast, all you will need to do is join a goto meeting on any PC then the load the VMs from your flash drive. They'll walk you through it all
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,227 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There is a lot of good information in those books. Enjoy and good luck!

I don't think it matters if you use Windows or Linux.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. For whatever reason, from the outside looking in, I didn't think it'd be that hard. Now that I have the books, I'm like wtf lol.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think that's a common misconception. Open book exams, no problem. Except there is no table of contents, glossary, index of any kind and there's six books to search through. Even with a good index, you be lucky to have time to look up half the answers during the exam.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I think that's a common misconception. Open book exams, no problem. Except there is no table of contents, glossary, index of any kind and there's six books to search through. Even with a good index, you be lucky to have time to look up half the answers during the exam.

I agree with you. Hence my sense of being overwhelmed lol.
  • sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109
    They certainly can be overwhelming. Fortunately, creating your own index really does help make the books feel more manageable. For me, it was more than having a reference sheet or lookup table. It was also the feeling that I had truly seen all of the material. It just made me more comfortable.