GPEN passed

ben128ben128 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have the Vlive course a few months ago and passed the exam on the last day before the exam expiredicon_cheers.gif
Thanks TechExams for the information about the study guide and exam experience. It is useful to read every post about the exam and summarize your own way to prepare it.

You will received the exam result a few mins after the exam. I got my physical certificate around 1 week after.

My tips are:

1. Index: I don't have enough time to prepare it. My index only have the keyword/idea and the page number. It would be better if you can add some definition on the index. I will not share the index because it is highly customize for my own purpose.

2. Practice exam: very good reference for the real exam. I have my 1st practice exam before the day of exam and got 60%icon_cry.gif
I read the exam report and focus my weakness to review again. Finally I scored 74% in the real exam.

3. Labs: You must do every lab on the courseware, esp nmap, netcat, Metasploit, Windows, Linux command, powershell.

4. **** sheet: official **** sheets are not useful for me. I have to prepare my own **** sheet and a few tools after the practice exam.

5. Understand the workflow of a pentest and think like a pentester.

6. Good sleep icon_thumright.gif

BTW, I have a 1 GPEN practice exam and will expire on 10 July. Anyone want to exchange it with GCIH or GCIA practice exam?
I am not sure it will violate the terms of use. Any idea?

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • lostsollostsol Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ben128 wrote: »
    BTW, I have a 1 GPEN practice exam and will expire on 10 July. Anyone want to exchange it with GCIH or GCIA practice exam?
    I am not sure it will violate the terms of use. Any idea?

No you can give away practice exams, but your going have trouble fining someone to "trade" with.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109
    Congratulations. Well done.
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    if you can't find a trade, I could use the practice exam. I'm preparing to challenge the exam but nervous to pay the fee and star the clock. Willing to pay/trade other things
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd take the practice exam but I don't have anything to offer you in exchange unfortunately icon_sad.gif
  • ben128ben128 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    forgot the trade. I changed my mind to give it for free icon_wink.gif
    if you can't find a trade, I could use the practice exam. I'm preparing to challenge the exam but nervous to pay the fee and star the clock. Willing to pay/trade other things

just take it for free. But please make sure you are prepared to take the exam and make a good use.
    I'd take the practice exam but I don't have anything to offer you in exchange unfortunately icon_sad.gif
    no worry, i can give it to you if josephandre give up.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's your shoe size? I'll trade you a pair of slightly used sneaks for it... well more than slightly used, but no holes. If you contract me within 48 hours, I'll throw in a goofy shirt I got from Disney I never wear.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • kanikedude03kanikedude03 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing dude! If you scored high enough on your exam to land yourself on the GIAC Advisory Board (90% or more according to https://www.giac.org/certified-professionals/advisory-board), that's the best place to trade practice exams. There is someone giving away/trading exams on there pretty much everyday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! What's next on your cert lineup?
    I don't have the reply from josephandre, please ping me your SANS account number so I can transfer to you.
    Congrats man! What's next on your cert lineup?

The next target is CEH in Aug 2017 and take a GCCC course in the end of this year.
    What I really want is OSCP in 2018.
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Argh!! I forgot about this thread icon_sad.gif

ah well, thank anyway though