Options

New Member + ITIL Foundation

PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

So I just found this site from a friend of mine on here.

I've been in IT for a number of years, but took 3-4 years out as I felt I was burning out on the industry. I'm coming back in now, and looking to start certification again, and decided I wanted to add ITIL to my repertoire. I'm starting with the ITIL Foundation exam, and have been studying for the last month. I've taken 4 mock exams so far (they come with the study guide I bought), and have passed with scored from 73% up to 87%, so I'm fairly happy with things. I've got another 2 mock exams to take this week and next week as well, and I found some free video training on my Amazon Prime account of all places!

I've been looking into the exam itself and have found the price to be astronomical! So I did a bit of searching and found this place:

https://www.passionitgroup.com/product/itil-foundation-exams/

The company seems well known, and the price saves me over £50 (I'm from the UK) when converted to GBP. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this as an online exam? I've not done one online before, as all my old certifications (Microsoft) were all at an exam centre. :)

Thanks in advance!
Chris
Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Phalanx, I don't have any experience of Passion IT themselves, but I have done several certification exams online now and found the experience pretty trouble free. I've done them at my home or in my office, and as long as you follow the rules then it can be less stressful than going to a test centre. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi Claire,

Thank you, it's more just my nervousness of this whole online testing system now, as I've never used it before. I have visions of the invigilator failing my exam because of someone making noise outside my office or something. :)
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
  • Options
    Hi Phalanx, the online proctors are normally pretty experienced and practical. They'll ask you to keep your eyes on/around the screen, and will tell you if there's anything they aren't happy with.

My dog wandered through on the last one I took, but it was all ok :)
  • Options
    Well, ITIL Foundation exam booked for tomorrow morning. Here we go... :)
  • Options
  • Options
    So I got a provisional score of 83%! :D Very happy with that. They said it would be up to 10 days before it is validated, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

So glad that is done. I'll come back to take Practitioner in a few months I think. I need to focus on some IT-based certifications for now. :)
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! :)
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    genxfinalrevisiongenxfinalrevision Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    Congratulations! Great news icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    mamathipemamathipe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Phalanx! i just failed my exam last month i got 50% so i am not confident taking it again now, only did it for 2 days then 3rd day was the exam. Do you know where i can get study materials? Maybe give it a try in a month.
  • Options
    I studied using the "ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide" from Sybex. I coupled it with the free video course from ITPro.TV - If you sign up, they give away their ITIL Foundation video course for free. I spent about 1-2 months going through the content over and over, then took the exam.

Let me know if I can help anymore.
  • Options
    shrutikashyapshrutikashyap Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • Options
    Manny92Manny92 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Phalanx

I have a quick question bud,

I'm currently studying for the ITIL Foundation exam and I have seen that this is the cheapest site for a student, https://www.passionitgroup.com/product/itil-foundation-exams/

Once I have bought the exam from passionitgroup how do I book the online exam in which I want to take it at the comfort of my own home lol thanks. :) for your time.