GWAPT exam vs practice test

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone here done the GWAPT? If so did you also do a practice test? And if you did a practice test, how would you compare it to the real thing?

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    GIAC practice tests are pretty much all the same as the real tests in my experience. i've taken a lot of giac tests
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Be prepared for anything. After any test, go back through it and mark some of the things you missed. Because SANS is infamous for placing topics across multiple books, it's important to go back through them more than once.

Remember practice tests come from older versions of the exam. However, if you are getting 85% or higher on the practice exams, you should be able to do well on the GWAPT, as you need 71% to pass. Time does move fast in these exams, so the key is to not spend a lot of time on each question.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If so did you also do a practice test? And if you did a practice test, how would you compare it to the real thing?

If you can pass a practice exam by at least 5 points, chances are you will pass the exam as well. If you bomb the practice exams, by 5 points, chances are you will fail the exam.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took a practice exam last week and got 68%. However, I didn't use the books and my notes so I'm sure I would've been able to get to at least 80% with those. I was able to identify my weak areas so I'll study those a bit more and hopefully take the exam soon.