Looking to offload a SANS On Demand Course I won in a raffel

t.cruizert.cruizer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Tech Exams Community,

I won a SANS ONDemand Training course in a raffle at an Information Security Conference I attended. It was the grand prize worth up to a $5910 Value. I'm looking for someone to sell it to at a discounted rate as I am not a security professional. It's good for any class listed here:

https://www.sans.org/ondemand/courses/all/

If your interested please post your location and what you would be willing to pay. I would prefer someone in Northern California, so that we can meet and do the exchange in person. But we could also use something like escrow.com to ensure the transaction. I've already talked with SANS about it. You would need to know what class you are going to take and then I would register for it with my class credit and then I would just need to pay a $150 transfer fee to transfer the class to you.

Thomas

Comments

• airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    I'd love to take the course off your hands but I don't think I could pay you a decent price for it. Probably $1300 (just over exam challenge price) is what I could afford.
  • TMS44TMS44 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can offer $2000, plus the class transfer fee and the escrow.com fees.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,927 Mod
    $2001 here. Ha! just kidding.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Out of curiosity, which course is it?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, which course is it?
    Did you even read the post?
    He said it's good for any listed in that link up there.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why would a non IT person attend an IT conference? And also participate in raffles.
  • t.cruizert.cruizer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, great looks like there is some interest. I will leave this post up a little while to see if there are more bidders. I do have to redeem the prize soon as they are waiting to hear from me.

I was at the symposium because I am a software developer for UC Davis and it was held on my campus. The raffle was free. You got a ticket for each vendor you talked to. So I talked to them all. I was really going for the Yeti cooler. :)
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    Did you even read the post?

Pfsh.. 'reading'.... "It's good for any class"
    I skimmed it and obviously missed that part. Thanks ;)
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    t.cruizer wrote: »
    If your interested please post your location and what you would be willing to pay. I would prefer someone in Northern California, so that we can meet and do the exchange in person. But we could also use something like escrow.com to ensure the transaction. I've already talked with SANS about it. You would need to know what class you are going to take and then I would register for it with my class credit and then I would just need to pay a $150 transfer fee to transfer the class to you.

Escrow.com has poor reviews. I guess you might find someone willing to give you a couple thousand for the course, but no company is going to approve a transaction purchase like this for training. Call me a skeptic, that that's a pretty big prize for a free raffle for a college campus event. This is something I would expect at a security conference like Black Hat similar event.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well, since it costs you NOTHING my offer is $1.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Cuse0311Cuse0311 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would consider offering you up to $2,360, which is what it costs eligible folks to attend a SANS Partnership Series course.
  • t.cruizert.cruizer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turns out. I am unable to sell the course to someone else. Sorry.
    So did SANS change her mind or did you not talk to them before?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just use it, as a software developer you might learn something about security and secure software development. Might save us from patching whatever software you are creating in the futurw.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wonder what the tax implications are for something like this. When you win a car in a raffle, your responsible for the state and federal taxes.Your probably looking at a $2,000 tax bill on something like this. While I would be thrilled to only pay 2k in taxes for a SANS course, if you accept the prize and don't use it, you may be out 2 grand without any benefit from it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ill give you a yeti cooler