Options

GCIH Practice Test Giveaway

xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
Hey all,

Just recently passed the GCIH exam and as my friend likes to point out, foolishly wasted my two practice exams as I didn't take either one. My loss is your gain!

I will give it around a day before I choose who.

Please post here if you would like a GCIH Practice exam by just telling us something tragic, funny or tragically funny that happened to you IT related recently.

Just a little thank you to this forum for helping me achieve my C|EH and GCIH.
Studying: GPEN
Reading
: SANS SEC560
Upcoming Exam: GPEN

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I gotta spread it around a bit. Can someone rep kaliboy for me for spreading the GIAC wealth?
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I gotta spread it around a bit. Can someone rep kaliboy for me for spreading the GIAC wealth?
    Done--!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the rep.

Any takers for the GCIH practice test? It's an awesome exam. I would say It's a more technical C|EH with incident response thrown in. Also It's more current.
    Reading
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I had started studying to challenge it but had stopped to knock out some job relevant certs but am jumping back into studying to challenge it. I'd like to have it to take a diagnostic of where I stand before plunking down $1700 to challenge it (yea the price hike sucks). Rep sent.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm interested in this. Pretty please? Funny story here it comes.
    When I was at the Helpdesk many moons ago I received a voicemail from this lady and she said exactly this. "I don't know what's going on but, my email is not working, I can't login to it, when i try to access my drive I'm getting an error and when i try to print anything that doesn't work either. I'm sorry if I did something but but can you please fix it, i dont know what to do I'm really sorry" turns out the network account was locked and she had lost access to everything. Needless to say the voicemail was even more funny when you actually hear it. The lady probably thought she was fired or something lol. I saved that voicemail, to this day i still have it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am currently studying for GCIH. Actually reading my 504.3 book over lunch today! Gave you rep as well! Congrats on GCIH!

Funny story:

When I worked at a medical school as a technician, my friend and I were re-imaging a computer that got hit with rogue AV software. My friend made me laugh really hard and I have a known chipmunk laugh! The med students were taking an exam and they heard me laugh since the IT closet was next to the exam room and after they heard me laugh, the med students were laughing at my laugh. Because of that, I got to go on a date with a few of the med students! :)
  • Options
    nemo_greennemo_green Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying GCIH for a while now, but the materials i use is from 2016. Is that OK ? Is there a significant difference between the current material and those from 2016?
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I had started studying to challenge it but had stopped to knock out some job relevant certs but am jumping back into studying to challenge it. I'd like to have it to take a diagnostic of where I stand before plunking down $1700 to challenge it (yea the price hike sucks). Rep sent.

$1700?! Wow. That's why people say to wait on those unless your employer pays for it. I knew they were expensive. Didn't think they were that expensive, though. :)

Rep'd as well. I love this community! :)
  • Options
    nemo_greennemo_green Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PC509, Do you think GCIH Study materials from 2016 is good enough to pass ?
  • Options
    wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you still have them would love one of the GCIH practice exams. I am working towards my GSE and this would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    PM sent to the individuals.
    Reading
  • Options
    Congrats to Kmart and TheForce and also thanks for following the rules =)
    Reading
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats to Kmart and TheForce and also thanks for following the rules =)

Wait! There were rules? I do not recall seeing a Use the Contest Rules document. It's required if:

You're sponsoring or running a contest or sweepstakes.
    You want to clearly define rules, regulations, and submission requirements so everything's legal.
    You want to designate dates, deadlines, and methods of entry so it's crystal clear for contestants.

You sir are in violation. I'm contacting my state regulator! Expect to receive a strongly worded letter from a state official in 4 to 6 weeks!
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Wait! There were rules? I do not recall seeing a Use the Contest Rules document. It's required if:

You're sponsoring or running a contest or sweepstakes.
    You want to clearly define rules, regulations, and submission requirements so everything's legal.
    You want to designate dates, deadlines, and methods of entry so it's crystal clear for contestants.

You sir are in violation. I'm contacting my state regulator! Expect to receive a strongly worded letter from a state official in 4 to 6 weeks!

Please forward any complaints to JD Murray
    Reading