Options

Passed the GMON!

DJVeritasDJVeritas Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
A little late posting this but, I pass the GIAC GMON exam on 10/18/17. Spent a few weeks going through the books and creating a good index that worked. Took two practice exams to help build the index, 1st score was 69% and 2nd score was 76%. Took the exam and ended up getting a 88%.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations. I took Continuous Monitoring at BlackHat last year, but there is no cert for it.

Do the practice exams still give you a updated score every 15 questions? I know the exam no longer does, but I been wondering if the practice tests still do.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Those are huge jumps in the scores.. are the practice exams that different from the real one?
  • Options
    bjthajokestabjthajokesta Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Im prepping to take the GMON towards the end of the month. Do you have any take aways or recommendation that you can share?
  • Options
    DJVeritasDJVeritas Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Im prepping to take the GMON towards the end of the month. Do you have any take aways or recommendation that you can share?

Get your index set up correctly, since you only have 1.5 minutes to answer each question. I used the "Better GIAC Testing with Pancakes" method with some small changes. Once you have your index, together, do one of the practice exams to test it. This should give you a real good idea on what you'll need to add or fix. The second exam should be more focused and is a good meter of where you "should" be at. In my experience above, I ended up making additional changes to the index which landed me a way better score on the actual exam.