Options

GCIH Next Weekend.... resources?

SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'll be sitting for the GCIH next weekend and wanted to see if anybody had any last-minute recommendations on reference materials that you found useful during the exam. I've currently got all of the books indexed and have printouts of the related SANS **** Sheets, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything useful!

Thanks!
LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Last minute tips for GCIH, I would say focus on DoS and SQL injection concepts. Also focus on the main incident handling steps (Preparation, Identification, etc.)
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    How did you do on the practice exams?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    All GIAC exams are made based on the official SANS course books, so basically anything you were given will cover the exam content. As long as you made a good index and understand the material you should be good to go.

I haven't taken GCIH, but do the cheatsheets for it include tools like NMAP? I could see those being helpful as a safety net.
  • Options
    SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I scored high seventies for the first go and low eighties for the second go... not the greatest, but if it's anything like my GSEC, I ended up with roughly the same practice scores and passed the exam with a few points higher than my highest practice exam.

Thanks, everyone!
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
  • Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I scored high seventies for the first go and low eighties for the second go... not the greatest, but if it's anything like my GSEC, I ended up with roughly the same practice scores and passed the exam with a few points higher than my highest practice exam.

Thanks, everyone!

Those scores are very similar to my practice exam scores and I scored an 86 on the actual exam. I think you will be fine.