Career Transition Resume Review

nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good morning guys and gals! I'm looking to make a career transition and I think that a resume re work is in order. That being the case, I've attached this:

20171107 Anonomized Server Engineer.pdf

Please give me your thoughts. I appreciate the insight and advice that I've gotten from this community over the years!
2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
"I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever

Comments

• volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Career transition into what, exactly?

A server engineer? You seem to be already there imo.

Other than that, the resume appears to be solid.
    You appear to have reinvented yourself 5 years ago; hope all that hard work is coming to fruition.
    Congrats on the Cloud Platform cert; i was thinking about knocking out the exam myself.... but realized im tired of windows.

Also, i noticed you didnt say anything about higher education...
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    volfkhat wrote: »
    Career transition into what, exactly?

You appear to have reinvented yourself 5 years ago; hope all that hard work is coming to fruition.
    Congrats on the Cloud Platform cert; i was thinking about knocking out the exam myself.... but realized im tired of windows.

Also, i noticed you didnt say anything about higher education...

Both excellent observations (that's why I love this community)!

Yes, I've been able to work myself into a server position, but my goal is to move into configuring and maintaining the services next because ultimately, I want to architect cloud solutions for enterprises (and SMBs on a contract basis), but to get there, I figure that I've got to spend some time working to build my skills in scripting, automation and configuring security for services.

Hence the push to move into a Cloud Administration role. I was hoping that this resume re-do conveyed that. And the observation on no higher education is spot on as well. I've been aggressive in pursuing certs to add to my experience so that I can get a position that I like so I can start a program at WGU or something similar.

Side note - If you decide to tackle Microsoft's Cloud track, you'll be surprised how much they have come to acknowledge the other OS vendors and service providers. You're not just stuck working with Microsoft's products anymore!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever