Options

Gsec 2017

azez-hamedazez-hamed Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings,

I took SANS SEC401 early 2016. I noticed a change in the 401.3 and 401.4, does that mean the material I have are not good enough to pass anymore?

2016:
401.3:Internet Security Technologies
401.4:Secure Communications

2017:
401.3:Threat Management
401.4:Cryptography, Risk Management and Response

appreciating your input, thanks

Comments

  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just because the title of the day changed doesn’t mean anything, look at the objectives on GIAC. Most of the objectives if not all seem pretty standard...why not buy a practice exam and try out your materials/index?

    I would assume your materials will still work but you are closing in on two years and at that point you definitely could start having gaps.
  • Options
    hxhxhxhx Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The course and exam were updated in July. I tried the test software for the AiO book and there is different material in there. I'm pretty sure that the current AiO is not enough to pass without other significant research or experience.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hxhx wrote: »
    The course and exam were updated in July. I tried the test software for the AiO book and there is different material in there. I'm pretty sure that the current AiO is not enough to pass without other significant research or experience.
    Which AiO are you referring to? Searching on Amazon, the most current option is 2013...the exam is definitely different objectives than that book. Also, the OP is talking about the official SANS courseware not an AiO Guide.
  • Options
    hxhxhxhx Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Which AiO are you referring to? Searching on Amazon, the most current option is 2013...the exam is definitely different objectives than that book. Also, the OP is talking about the official SANS courseware not an AiO Guide.

    You're right. I should have been more clear. I have not seen the older materials. I have seen the AiO test software and the new materials. If the AiO software is representative of the old content, then there is a significant gap.


    You can probably get some good information about the changes here: https://www.sans.org/webcasts/prevent-detect-response-win-security-1-secret-prevention-sec401-105685
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Am I the only one who still has no idea what "AiO software" is?
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Am I the only one who still has no idea what "AiO software" is?
    I know the AiO book comes with a CD...I am guessing that is what is being referred to but I could be wrong.
Sign In or Register to comment.