Options

ITIL about to change again?

I see ITIL looks like it is about to have its first major update in 7 years:
*link no longer available*

Technology has changed a lot in the last 7 years so it makes sense to bring it up to date to reflect this.

I do hope they don't use this as an excuse to change the model to need regular recertification like PMP and many other companies do now - it took me long enough to get to ITIL Expert status and I don't fancy having to revisit every corner of the material every few years to keep the cert.

I suspect there are others who post here who are much closer to the new sources than I am and hope they can contribute to this as the news starts to come out.

Comments

• Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They deleted from the web page.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The announcement has been made, but we don't have much detail yet. I saw an AXELOS session at itSMF UK this week and they suggested a roadmap and more details will be available in early 2018.
  • Options
    Accurs3DAccurs3D Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Should I bother paying for and sitting the ITIL:Foundations v3 now or wait until the newest revision comes out? Will my cert expire and will I have to renew anyways?

I was thinking about taking the ITIL:F because I've worked in a large environment that was ITIL aligned, and I do see it on job postings from time to time as being either desired or required. It's also pretty easy to quick to knock out because the passing grade is 26/40 (65%).
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Accurs3D, ITIL certs don't normally expire. When V3 came out there was a V2 to V3 Foundation Bridge available, but someone who only has a V2 cert can still say they are ITIL Foundation certified perfectly legitimately. The timetable for the refresh hasn't been released but based on previous ones I'd say we're looking at 12-18 months before anything is released (plus the time for training companies to catch up) so I'd say go for it now and start learning about ITIL concepts. Good luck, Claire