Options

Passes ITIL Foundation

HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
First off, thank you to everyone on this forum. The information in here gave me the information I needed for self study materials.

My approached ended up using CBT Nuggets, books: ITIL Foundation Study Guide and ITIL Foundation Essentials, and some YouTube videos. CBT Nuggets provided a great foundation in a quick manner as well as pre-tests, but I still didn't have the familiarity with the content that I wanted, so I decided to add a book to my studying. I bought the ITIL foundation Study Guide thinking I needed more detail, but this book ended up making it hard to see the forest for the trees when reading it cover to cover. As a result, I picked up ITIL Foundation Essentials and read it cover to cover twice over the course of my studying. This combined with CBT Nuggets provided the majority of my learning phase.

Once I moved into the pre-test phase, the ITIL Foundation Study Guide finally pulled its weight thanks to the pre-tests in the back, and the ability to search for specific topics I wanted more information on. The day I sat the test, I hand wrote the processes for each life cycle as well as the various improvement models for CSI in a notebook 5 or 6 times throughout the day. This final prep really provided the finishing touches I needed to make sense of all the information in my head. I sat the exam and scored a 95%. From the time I found out I needed this exam till the time I passed was two weeks.
CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|