Passed GSNA

charismaticxcharismaticx Junior MemberPosts: 20Member ■■■□□□□□□□
For this being a basic course it really did dive into a lot of technical stuff. I would honestly say listening to the on demand and making sure your index is solid will help considerably. A lot of the material that was covered in the books didn’t make much sense and I had to go back and revisit a few items. The practice exams do help give you an idea on what to prepare for on the exam. It wasn’t too difficult but I wouldn’t take it lightly. I’m definetly relieved to have pass this one.

Comments

• al88al88 Member Posts: 61Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've seen auditors pass more "prestigious" certs relevant to their jobs and fail to this one :) so I wouldn't say it's a "basic" one at all. Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Junior Member Posts: 20Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had heard CISA was harder than this one. I’m not going to lie there was a lot of material from the networking section that wasn’t explain quite well. Some of the examples in the books are easy to reference with the exception of a few things. I had to listen to the on demand in order to understand the concepts better. I will say during the test some of the examples don’t really help answering the questions. You really do have to know your stuff.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Posts: 535Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm seriously considering this exam but I am going the self study route. What books or materials would you recommend for this? Thanks!
  • scascscasc Posts: 170Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally found the GSNA much harder than CISA. Actually found a lot of material in the exam that was not covered in the books/course and I had to use experience along with intelligent guessing :).
    MSc, BSc (Hons), AWS CSA, C-CISO, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSNA, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Senior Member Posts: 355Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    charismaticx - Congratulations on this one. icon_thumright.gif

scasc - With your certifications, it can hardly be considered as intelligent guessing. icon_cheers.gif
    Three year plan: (2018) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]
  • scascscasc Posts: 170Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the compliment, many thanks :)
    MSc, BSc (Hons), AWS CSA, C-CISO, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSNA, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP