Options

GWAPT - Extra Practice Test

danGosdanGos Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I'm currently on my 2nd attempt for the GWAPT certification. I guess I wasn't fully prepared in my first attempt.

Already bought a practice exam, but was just wondering if anyone has any extras lying around?

My Account ID: 18067925

P.S I just need another practice exam for assurance, so that I won't screw up my second attempt :D

Comments

• Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danGos wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm currently on my 2nd attempt for the GWAPT certification. I guess I wasn't fully prepared in my first attempt.

Already bought a practice exam, but was just wondering if anyone has any extras lying around?

My Account ID: 18067925

P.S I just need another practice exam for assurance, so that I won't screw up my second attempt :D

how about you tell us what you scored on your practice tests and exam so we have assurance a practice test is going to a good cause...?

If you are close on YOUR practice test scores go ahead and schedule the exam.

People are sometimes under the assumption that the practice tests will be similar to the real exam. That is not always the case. People have passed the practice test then failed the real exam.

The concepts are being repeated but more than likely all of the new questions on the exam are not the same as the practice test. Even if someone says they saw two or three questions from a practice test, it takes more than two or three to pass. A handful of "similar/like" questions are only useful if you are borderline failing the exam.BUT, they no longer show you your score every 15 questions, so you would not know if you were borderline failing..So, a practice test is a false sense of satisfaction. The key word was false.

So, in theory a practice test is only gauging your knowledge of the subjects and not the exam itself. So, the usefulness of a practice test is only a mental game we play on ourselves.
  • Options
    danGosdanGos Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    johndoee wrote: »
    how about you tell us what you scored on your practice tests and exam so we have assurance a practice test is going to a good cause...?

If you are close on YOUR practice test scores go ahead and schedule the exam.

People are sometimes under the assumption that the practice tests will be similar to the real exam. That is not always the case. People have passed the practice test then failed the real exam.

The concepts are being repeated but more than likely all of the new questions on the exam are not the same as the practice test. Even if someone says they saw two or three questions from a practice test, it takes more than two or three to pass. A handful of "similar/like" questions are only useful if you are borderline failing the exam.BUT, they no longer show you your score every 15 questions, so you would not know if you were borderline failing..So, a practice test is a false sense of satisfaction. The key word was false.

So, in theory a practice test is only gauging your knowledge of the subjects and not the exam itself. So, the usefulness of a practice test is only a mental game we play on ourselves.

Hey John,

Thank you for the detailed reply. For my first attempt, I got the following scores on my practice tests:

54% and 79%.

And for the real exam, I got a 64%.

I was expecting to do much better for the real exam, and I'm not too sure what went wrong there. Insufficient practice? Knowledge gaps? Nervousness? Exam venue? Or maybe just plain luck.

I do agree with you that practice tests is only a mental assurance that we give ourselves because I did not recall see a single/similar questions appearing in the the real exam.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Send your request to dfir@lists.sans.org. Sometimes I see people offering practice exams there. Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol @ "tell us your scores so we know it's going to a good cause"

that's hilarious.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whoops, thought this was an offer post. lol, reading. icon_redface.gif
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.