Options

available GCWN practice exam

c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
If anyone is thinking about taking SEC505 - Windows Security, I have an extra practice exam available. This expires in September, so you've got a couple months to use it. PM me with your info so I can send it over.

Comments

• Options
    markmorowmarkmorow Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you take the exam? If so how was it? I'm taking this probably in mid September. Not a lot of talk on this board about this exam.
  • Options
    I took one of the practice exams several days prior to taking the exam. I felt that the actual exam was easier than the practice exam. So far my indexing strategy has worked well for the GIAC exams I've taken. In addition to a thorough 60+ page index for my SANS courses, I tab the pages in two different ways. Along the edge, I place tabs on every tenth page, and mark them 10, 20, 30, etc. It shaves seconds you would spend flipping through the book. If you need to go to page 144, grab the 140 tab, and flip 2 pages. When taking a multi-hour exam this can save you 5-10 minutes overall. Along the top, I place tabs which mention topics, DNSSEC, PKI, IKE, etc. This way, if I can't find a keyword in my index, I can go to the topic and see if flipping through the pages for the subject can find a highlighted portion of text which helps confirm my selected answer. Bottom line, if you pass the practice exam with 10%-15% above the cut-off score, you should be fine on the real exam.
  • Options
    Practice exam has been given away.