Passed my ITIL v3 Foundation this AM.

ITStudent1ITStudent1 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I took and passed my ITIL v3 Foundation Exam this morning. :)

Study Methodology:

Had no prior experience with ITIL , so I studied for a solid month.
At least an hour a night and did the videos on the weekend.

I watched the Jill Knapp videos (see my Resources section below) at 1.25 x and screenshoted her slides which are excellent.
I watched the videos through oreilly.com site as I have a subscription through work.
(Oreilly does not provide the slides as a download because she sells on her site. 50+ slides was what I ended up with.)

I read Claire's green book about 5 times cover to cover and used an erasable pen to makes lots of notes in it.
Cant say enough great things about this book. Its condensed and exactly as the title says, "The exam facts you need", nothing more , nothing less. I wished all cert books were like this.

I used the Official ITIL Exam App on my phone for testing.
The Mock exam and the practice test are as close to the real thing from my experience.
I always had the green book with me and my phone of course so any downtime - lunch , waiting rooms etc I was able to study or test. The goal was to get consistent >= 75% on the app.

Also did the sample papers a few times and read the explanations.

Resources:

1_ITIL Foundation Exam 16+ Hours of Video Instruction
by Jill Knapp (its done by pearsonitcertification)

2_ITIL Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need
by Claire Agutter Page (the litle green book)

3_Official ITIL Exam App for android (this was worth every penny)

4_Official ITIL syllabus and the latest sample exam.

The forum and you guys are an amazing resource in figuring out what and how to study.
Best of luck to future ITIL cert seekiers.

Many Thanks and onward to my next cert.
Earned - A+ | Security+ | ITIL-F
Goals 2019 - Network+ , MCSA Server2016

Comments

• craig009craig009 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1stly ,congrats.Did you paid for the hard copy certificate separately? They asked my brother to pay £40 for hard copy certificate to be sent to him.
  • ITStudent1ITStudent1 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks craig009.

I did not choose to get a hard copy. I just did the printout when the exam was done.
    I asked the proctor and he said the certificate should be reflected on the site within two business days.
    If there is no way to get the cert in pdf format , I might just order the hard copy.
    Earned - A+ | Security+ | ITIL-F
    Goals 2019 - Network+ , MCSA Server2016
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Really pleased to hear the book was helpful. Claire
  • craig009craig009 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITStudent1 wrote: »
    Thanks craig009.

I did not choose to get a hard copy. I just did the printout when the exam was done.
    I asked the proctor and he said the certificate should be reflected on the site within two business days.
    If there is no way to get the cert in pdf format , I might just order the hard copy.

Hello ,
    Thanks for your reply .Of course you will get the certificate through the site using the log in that you used for the registration .I was just thinking the hard copy might be different .
    When l did mine l did a print out but later ordered the hard copy but was not as expensive as what my brother was asked to pay .