Options

GCIH Prep Course on PluralSight.com

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi TE family,

Are any of you guys familiar with PluralSight.com? They offer an Incident Handler (ECIH and GCIH Prep) course which seems to be the only one available outside of the costly $1500 course offered by GIAC.

Anyway, for those who are familiar with it and have gone through it what is your opinion of the course? Do you feel it is adequate to prepare to sit for the GCIH certification?
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    CyberJosh95CyberJosh95 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know the guy who develops the security content for pluralsight. Very knowledgeable. I would recommend it!
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    egrizzly wrote: »
    They offer an Incident Handler (ECIH and GCIH Prep) course which seems to be the only one available outside of the costly $1500 course offered by GIAC.
    Nitpick, the SANS/GIAC one is about 6K+, and then you pay for the exam. Even just challenging the exam itself is $1899. Is there another $1500 course too?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    $1500 course? Shouldn't that be like $6000?

edit: Daniel beat me
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well. I think the course should be great, Dale Meredith is a great trainer, and he is interesting to listen too. But I doubt it would prepare you at 100% for the exam. I think the value from SANS come from their class, not from the certification in itself.