Options

MGT514: Security Strategic Planning, Policy, and Leadership

COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey Folks, quick question about those who took MGT514: Security Strategic Planning, Policy, and Leadership class? Would you guys please describe your experience with this course? Also, do you guys recommend this course for a Deputy PM who has worked on/off with InforSec team.

Thanks a bunch !!!!
CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I took it earlier this year and passed the cert a month or so ago. I moved into a security leadership role early back in January so the insight I gained in the class was extremely valuable. I saw you talked about doing GCIH earlier and now you are moving to MGT514. What specific goal do you have in mind?
  • Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hi cyberguypr,

Thank you for your quick reply. As a DPM and delivery Lead I do work with Infosec team regularly; which I do enjoy a lot. I just happened to come across to an opportunity with a relatively small company where they need someone who could help them with overall security planning and policy. This is a all hands/get your hands dirty kinda opportunity that I don't want to miss. As per the recruiter I should be receiving an offer letter by this friday or next week; since I was the best candidate they had. How much do you think this course would help me in this regards? As much as I want to help enrich myself, I would also like to help the company too.

As for GCIH, thats was for my own enrichment. Had some exposure with Pentest/incident response while back, when I was in grad school, after that haven't had that much chance with both. So I just wanted to dig deeper with them, especially the incident handling part of it. I will be taking the live GCIH course this december.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.