Options

ITIL 4 - what do we know so far?

Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hi everyone

As a training org we're getting asked a lot about the update to ITIL that's coming next year. This is what we're allowed to release so far under the terms of our non-disclosure agreement: https://itsm.zone/knowledge-desk/itil-news/introducing-the-new-itil-4/

We'll be adding more information as soon as we can including more detailed advice for people who are part-way through training to ITIL Expert.

kind regards

Claire

Comments

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Claire...for those who teach ITIL Foundation, one has to have Foundation plus two intermediate certs. Has Axelos described how the requirements might change considering the complete restructure of the certification path?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Hi stryder144, I'm on an ITIL 4 train the trainer session on Nov 7th so I guess we'll find out then - if you're training now your exam institute might be able to release that information to you, but it's not public yet. kind regards Claire
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Claire...thank you for the update. Hopefully they will take the wraps off of things in the near future. To be honest, the wait is killing me!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Will the original ITIL cert still be good?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    They're keeping us in suspense aren't they stryder144!? :)

scaredoftests - your current ITIL certs won't expire, so if you've got the V3 Foundation for example you would still be classed as Foundation certified. There'll be a bridge for current ITIL experts to transition over to the new scheme but no Foundation bridge.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Thank you, Claire!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    whotimewhotime Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Claire-
    will you be putting out a new book to get students ready for this?
    WGU BS: IT-Security
    In Progress: C170, C246
    To Be Completed: C247, C299, C697, C698, C435, C436, C179
  • Options
    Hi whotime, I certainly will! I'm working on the ITSM Zone elearning at the moment then will republish my study guides as well, target date is end of quarter 1 this year.