Options

Passed GPEN (with free practice exam to give away)

kpomeroy1979kpomeroy1979 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,I passed my GPEN exam last month. It was my first ever IT Certification, been in IT for 17-18 years, and I'm really, REALLY proud of my accomplishment. It's almost like it has not even sunk in yet. I studied really hard, did lots of practice labs and just tried to learn as much as possible. I studied on my lunch breaks at work, in the evenings and on weekends. I took a lot of notes, used highlighters to mark important areas and I was browsing this forum for hints and tips (silently) on how to prepare for and pass the exam and this site was actually really helpful. Obviously nothing was told that would violate the SANS terms and conditions regarding the actual exam, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted helpful tips like how to MANAGE YOUR TIME and how to PREPARE (such as study, take first practice test, re-study sections that you didn't do so well on, take second practice test, then take the real one). I got 88% in my practice exam AND got 88% in my real exam. How crazy is that eh? To express my gratitude to everyone who posted helpful tips, I would like to give away my 2nd practice exam as I didn't use it. If you would like the practice exam please just reply under this post and let me know why I should give it to you. Not looking for a long explanation I just want to make sure it goes to the right, hard working and honest individual.

https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/97668d41-cd64-43d9-81fd-8236ede3509f/public_url

Comments

• Options
    themewshthemewsh Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Congrats on your GPEN, I also hope to achieve the certification!

I am currently working through the associated SEC 560 "on demand" course, but my employer (a public university) has policies in place that don't allow them to pay for the test attempt. I'll be paying for that part out of pocket, so something like this would be really helpful and greatly appreciated in my journey.

Thanks for considering me in your offer.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Did you take this through OnDemand or at a conference? Who was your instructor? Any tips for the day 6 challenge?

I'll be taking SEC560/GPEN next month at PenTest Hackfest with Ed Skoudis as part of the Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Graduate Certificate program.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! The GPEN was the cert I'm most proud of as well. What's next?
  • Options
    kpomeroy1979kpomeroy1979 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    themewsh wrote: »
    Hello,

Congrats on your GPEN, I also hope to achieve the certification!

I am currently working through the associated SEC 560 "on demand" course, but my employer (a public university) has policies in place that don't allow them to pay for the test attempt. I'll be paying for that part out of pocket, so something like this would be really helpful and greatly appreciated in my journey.

Thanks for considering me in your offer.

Hey,

Send me your email address and I'll send along the practice exam. Not even sure how to give it away, but i'm sure i'll figure it out.
  • Options
    themewshthemewsh Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

Send me your email address and I'll send along the practice exam. Not even sure how to give it away, but i'm sure i'll figure it out.

Thank you very much! I just sent you a message on LinkedIn since I couldn't find a DM option on the forum profile page. Thanks again!