Options

Deleted discussion

quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited March 2019 in GIAC
I'm not sure how to delete a discussion thread.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited March 2019
    Isn't there an option in the gear icon to the right of the thread title, or do I see that because I am a mod? 

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's there, I just checked a discussion I created & I can edit it or delete it
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited March 2019
    Isn't there an option in the gear icon to the right of the thread title, or do I see that because I am a mod? 

I can see this option on the discussions I created.  But do not see a delete option in there, can just "edit" it.  (unless my discussions are too old or something and only newer ones be deleted?)
  • Options
    AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    I checked too and I only have the option to edit the original post, not delete the post. Then again, like NetworkNewb, my topic is several days old.
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited March 2019
    Just created a test discussion in the support forum. I was not able to delete it after creation. I was thinking there might be a 6 to 24 hour period for deletions. @Meggo or @JDMurray can you expand on this?
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Hey @kaiju, I'm looking into this now. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks!
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    @kaiju update for you from my CSM: Users are able to delete their comments on discussions but they're not able to delete the discussions themselves, they can edit their first post in order to clarify the discussion.

I hope that provides some clarity. If you need to delete a discussion, best practice would be to tag a mod or admin and request the take down. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do