Passed GCCC - thoughts on 530 and 545 or NIST CSF practitioner

scascscasc Member Posts: 238 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited November 2019 in GIAC
Hi all,

Managed to pass this one today. I facilitated this back in Oct. It was taught from an operational perspective as opposed to audit. Have my eye on 530 and/or 545 next and wanted to ask ppl who have completed these thoughts on course content and labs? Will 545 have an exam coming soon? Have seen a thread indicating that 530 is an extension to 566 in that it goes into controls implementation. 

My own work is getting more security architecture (not engineering or hands on - more advisory/design/controls based) focussed these days where cloud also forms a pretty big part. 

Saying that I’ve also been checking out APMG’s NIST CSF practitioner cert which seems to match my controls background pretty well - idea is to utilise best practice principles and advocate them in design artefacts. It’s a new cert so not sure if many people have heard of this but certainly well thought off in the UK.

Thanks in advance.
MSc, BSc (Hons), AWS CSA, C-CISO, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSTRT, GSNA, GCCC, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP