Passed GCCC

quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed GCCC yesterday.  This was a requirement for the MSISE program.  The class was more interesting than I thought it would be.  I think the class would be most useful for an auditor, consultant or a director that is trying to improve the security posture of an organization.  There are a few labs in the course but they're not really technical in nature.  The course material is only five very thin books.  A lot of the text is repeated over and over for every control.  It's pretty obvious that there wasn't enough material to fill five books so they tried their best to make it look like there's more than there is.  Like others have said the test is much easier than other GIAC tests.  I read the books twice over a two weeks period and scored a 93 on the test.  Next up is SEC599 in DC starting tomorrow.

Comments

• LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Grats! If nothing else, it's an easy route into the advisory board, if you weren't in it already. :)

Look forward to the 599 review. It's very high on my list for next year, if I get my budget approved.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Always a great feeling to pass an exam.
  • dimkat2903dimkat2903 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations for passing GCCC exam. Could you please provide me with the index you used for the exam? Im really struggling to make a new one due to business and family commitments so i will appreciate a lot any help.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As they say at Offensive Security, "Try Harder".  This was an easy course and exam.  It took me two weeks to prepare for this test so I'm sure you can find some time to do the same.
  • srothmansrothman Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done. Short of the official material, are did you use any other material to prepare? I'm having the 440 and 566 as new requirements for my job, so busy working through my options.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I passed last year also two or three weeks after completing the SANS training. Easy one to knock out.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    srothman said:
    Well done. Short of the official material, are did you use any other material to prepare? I'm having the 440 and 566 as new requirements for my job, so busy working through my options.
    No, I never use anything other than the SANS material.  I didn't even look at the additional books that were sent.  The five course books are all really thin which may be why they also included copies of two NIST guides.
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What did you think of the exam compared to the practice test? 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE