Options

Passed GCUX 88%

markmorowmarkmorow Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
Didn't see a lot of posts on this one. Really liked this class. I have very little Unix/Linux background so I really learned some good fundamentals on things like SSH, sudo config files, and forensics. If you are a Unix/Linux admin I'd recommend you check this out. Very standard SANS class from an index perspective. 

Practice Test 1-82%
Practice Test 2-80%
Actual Test-88%

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on the pass.This could be a fundamental class to take for SANS.
    Nice post.
  • Options
    VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! I am considering taking this as well. 

Did you get an invite to be a SANS mentor?
    B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
    J.D. Candidate (2L)
    In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
    ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
    Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
    Next: GCIA/GCWN and/or GCUX/PMP/GSE
    Next after next: Med school!!!!! Lol
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I had a former colleague who had this certification as well, I'm simply not sure how it helped him as he was already a Linux/Unix guy through and through.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    spwaters00spwaters00 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    markmorow said:
    Didn't see a lot of posts on this one. Really liked this class. I have very little Unix/Linux background so I really learned some good fundamentals on things like SSH, sudo config files, and forensics. If you are a Unix/Linux admin I'd recommend you check this out. Very standard SANS class from an index perspective. 

Practice Test 1-82%
    Practice Test 2-80%
    Actual Test-88%
    Congrats on the pass great job! I am supposed to take the exam soon. Do you have any tips or anything that I should know? I have a good amount of Linux experience but like you said there really is not a lot of resources out there about GCUX. Anything would be great!
  • Options
    markmorowmarkmorow Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The practice tests were similar in style and difficulty. It was pretty standard to be honest.