SANS GSEC Updated Course outlines 2020

irfan qureshiirfan qureshi Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□

Greetings Every one !

I got SANS GSEC 401 Boot camp training in 2017, with books and audio tutorials, but recently i received exam voucher from my office and I have booked my exam in month of April 2020. I have checked on SANS accounts some course outlines has been changed & updated so 2017 edition books are enough for updated exam? I am trying to prepare best index and tools sheet as well.

Any one recently passed SANS GSEC exam so please comment or give some suggestions..

Tagged:

Comments

• quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you sign up for the exam they will match the version of the exam to the version of the course you took.  If you took SEC401 in 2017 the GSEC exam will be the 2017 version.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    quogue66 said:
    When you sign up for the exam they will match the version of the exam to the version of the course you took.  If you took SEC401 in 2017 the GSEC exam will be the 2017 version.
    While it's true if you take a course, they will match your exam to the course you took, I do not believe it's forever. If you have taken a course and paid for the exam attempt at the same time, then pay for 10 extensions, this allows you to take an exam based on the course material you possess, up to 540 days (18 months later). Just because you took a course 3 or 4 years ago then decide to take the exam, you will not be given an exam based on old material.    
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.