Options

GPEN done

SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
Hi,

I have written the GIAC GPEN this morning.. 87%.. not enough to get into Advisory board.. but more than enough to pass.  As I was answering questions, I didnt expect to have a such nice result, but labs were easier than expected. 

So I will take a few week without serious study, then choose next project.. I will probably finished the EJPT I have already bought, to justify the money I put it in.

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Mine is coming up shortly too. The practice tests have had the labs on there so it's been a good primer (hopefully) for the real test. 
  • Options
    Good luck @Danielm7.  The practice test experience is similar to the real exam, so no surprise.  In my case, I found the labs easier than in the practice test... but YMMV. 
  • Options
    charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually thought the labs on the second practice test were harder. Congrats! 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    I actually thought the labs on the second practice test were harder. Congrats! 
    Well on the 7 labs, I got almost 2 identical and "easy" one. It helped
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! 
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'll jump on the train, took it yesterday and passed too! The ProctorU was a mixed bag, I tested all the stuff ahead of time, repeatedly, but they couldn't select my webcam somehow and I ended up having to set it up on a different laptop, wasted 40 mins or so. But, once it got started it was smooth.
  • Options
    Congrats @Danielm7 My experience with ProctorU was good.. even if I found that the "technician" had a hard time starting the exam, but once started everything was fine. 
  • Options
    Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone care to share their index for GPEN? I'm supposed to take it in a month and was looking for one to possibly improve on.
  • Options
    Grafixx01 said:
    Anyone care to share their index for GPEN? I'm supposed to take it in a month and was looking for one to possibly improve on.
    Sorry, I didnt use an index.   I think the process of indexing is more to help you learn. In my case, I knew all books very well, so I knew where everything is without indexing.