Options

ITIL Training Providers

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
What are the best training providers out there for ITIL? I'm still up in the air between v2 vs v3. I think since my company is paying, it'll probably be best to do v2 and just study the differences and go to v3. Especially since most companies are still heavily invested in v2.

Do I have to do a bridge class to take the v3 exam or can I just self-study the v3 for the bridge exam?
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Pink Elephant is the only one I've ever used. They were fine from what I've seen and heard from others. ITIL is really useful information, but for most people it's not all that "exciting" to learn.

One of my clients has used them for the last 3-4 years now to send about 50 or so of their IT employees in the US/Canada through the ITILF v2 course and exam.

eMeS can you add any insight here? You're the ITIL Master (or is it Expert now) ;) on the forum...
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    IMO they're all about the same.

On the student side I've sat classes with several providers, including Pink, HP, and Quint, and I can't really see a dramatic difference between them. Most of the time it's not the training provider so much as it is the instructor that one has for a class. Since the training providers all pull from largely the same pool of instructors my opinion is that you're just as likely to have a good or bad experience with one as you are with any other.

I don't think I agree with the do v2 and bridge to v3 statement. I would recommend taking a pass on v2 at this point. Yes, many companies are heavily invested in v2, but, for all intents and purposes, v3 is a superset that includes most of v2.

You'll get more direct v2+v3 knowledge out of the v3 foundation class vs. the v2 foundation class + the v3 foundation bridge. Also, taking the v3 foundation class alone is less expensive in terms of both time and money.

I believe that you can self-study for the bridge from v2 to v3 foundation. The focus would be on the delta between v2 and v3. I did take the v2 to v3 foundation bridge class and the bridge exam earlier this year. It was much tougher than the v2 foundation exam as I remember. Much easier and useful to take the v3 foundation alone if you don't already have a huge amount of time invested in v2 knowledge.

Hope this helps,

MS
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I do v3 then I may just do the CBT Nuggets and save our company $1500. We have the subscription to the entire CBT Nuggets library. It seems like the best choice from a financial perspective and like you're saying, I'll still get some v2 knowledge because I'm sure there will be comparisons stated in the training material.

Thanks.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've never experienced CBT Nuggets directly, but everything I hear is positive.

Sounds like a good approach to me...

MS