Options

Not sure if I passed

SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I went through a company sponsored ITIL v3 foundations class and took the written examination on the third day. Everyone else got an email telling them whether they passed or failed but I haven't received anything yet! icon_mad.gif Should this be cause for concern I wonder?
Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SrAtechie wrote:
    Hey all,

I went through a company sponsored ITIL v3 foundations class and took the written examination on the third day. Everyone else got an email telling them whether they passed or failed but I haven't received anything yet! icon_mad.gif Should this be cause for concern I wonder?

Can you tell me what company administered the exams? You can PM it to me if you want. If it is the one that I'm thinking of then the delay that you're experiencing should not be a cause for concern.

MS
  • Options
    Not a problem! The company was ITPreneurs that taught the class, but the individual who proctored the test was some guy that worked in the training facility where the class was held (which was on base here) so not sure if the instructors mailed it or the guy who proctored the exam.
  • Options
    SrAtechie wrote:
    Not a problem! The company was ITPreneurs that taught the class, but the individual who proctored the test was some guy that worked in the training facility where the class was held (which was on base here) so not sure if the instructors mailed it or the guy who proctored the exam.

It would have been the proctor that mailed it. Instructors are not allowed to touch that stuff.

ITPreneurs is using a third-party to grade the exams, this is likely one of two companies. The results email you receive will come from them. I've had an experience similar to the one your mentioning with one specific proctoring/exam/grading company.

MS
  • Options
    Hi eMeS,

Just wanted to update you that I have received my ITIL certificate. 32/40. Not shabby at all, considering it was a cold turkey (meaning I barely knew how to spell ITIL) bootcamp and test. Four days of fun fun fun it was. Anyhow, I also think I know why I didn't get an email notification of my results. My name is totally wrong on the certificate. It has my first name twice and no last name! I've been all over the exin site trying to find a way to contact them by phone, since I've already sent an email to them stating this fact, and am wondering if you knew of a local american number I can call to try and have this corrected?
  • Options
    SrAtechie wrote:
    Hi eMeS,

Just wanted to update you that I have received my ITIL certificate. 32/40. Not shabby at all, considering it was a cold turkey (meaning I barely knew how to spell ITIL) bootcamp and test. Four days of fun fun fun it was. Anyhow, I also think I know why I didn't get an email notification of my results. My name is totally wrong on the certificate. It has my first name twice and no last name! I've been all over the exin site trying to find a way to contact them by phone, since I've already sent an email to them stating this fact, and am wondering if you knew of a local american number I can call to try and have this corrected?

I fear that you've experienced a common problem with Exin quality control.

Send an email describing the problem to service@exin-exams.com .

Let me know if you don't get a resolution within a couple of weeks. I have some individual email addresses there that I can send you if necessary.

MS
  • Options
    Thank you much sir. I had sent an email to the address you listed as well as to their us regional office (info@exin-us.org) I ran into another guy who was in my class and he also received his certificate with his name wrong on it and had gotten the contact information for the U.S. regional office from a coworker of his who had HER name misspelled on her certificate as well! icon_lol.gif It must be a common problem because I received an email from them about an hour later notifying me that they will make the correction and send it out to me today. Let you know if this one comes back right or wrong. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    I received a certificate from them printed in Dutch once.

Also, 3 of 4 lapel pins that I've received from them have been broken.

Not that I wear lapel pins or anything, I just wonder why they bother sending them if they are either broken when they send them or get broken in the mail.

MS
  • Options
    Well, I'm guaranteed to have at least one good pin as the one that arrived this past week works. It's making a great thumbtack to hold up notes on my corkboard here at work :)