Options

My ITIL Journey

SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have already passed the Exin EX0-101 Itil Foundation Version 3 on June 8, 2009, 85% Grade.

My self-study Walktrough:

1. Read the official intro: (it's free) You will find it on the EXIN website

2. Take some CBT training

3. Read the book "Introduction to ITIL Service Lifecycle eBook", ISBN: 9780113311002.

4. [edited by Webmaster - see eMeS' reply below]

Only 40 questions, you must answer the 65% or 26 questions right in 60 minutes to pass, but don't subestimate it, you must prepare very well before to take the test.

Good Luck,
2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP

Comments

• Options
    SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    for the Fast Track, only follow the 3 and 4 tips of my first post. Follow this way and yo probably get at least 70% of the questions to pass, but you keep medium gaps in the knowledge of the ITIL V3 Framework.
    2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on passing the exam.

You're right, those are not ****. They are retired questions that anyone can get from Exin or another examination institute.

However, you might want to rethink posting that link. There is copywritten information available there. For example, the ISO 20000 specification and code of practice are available through that link. Normally this costs about $400 to buy the pdf. The retired ITIL Foundation questions are also protected by copyright, and I doubt that the website in that link has permission to repost.

Please don't take me wrong, you're welcome here I'm sure, but violating copyright laws is not welcome.

MS
  • Options
    RadheRadhe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Congrats so how much time do we require to prepare for ITIL foundation v3 exam if studying for 7-8hours a day... Please help
  • Options
    I am planning to take my ITIL foundation exam in september could anyone please help me with what books should I read so I could pass the exam in first attempt and where do I find exam questions for practice....Thnx
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Radhe wrote: »
    Hi

Congrats so how much time do we require to prepare for ITIL foundation v3 exam if studying for 7-8hours a day... Please help

I can't imagine studying foundation material for that length of time any more than once and being unable to pass the exam.

MS
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Sumptuous wrote: »
    Hi
    3. Read the book "Introduction to ITIL Service Lifecycle eBook", ISBN: 9780113311002.

I've checked Amazon as well as Barnes and Noble. Can't find that ISBN number.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    How many hours of study is required for foundation v3 exam

Thanks

eMeS wrote: »
    I can't imagine studying foundation material for that length of time any more than once and being unable to pass the exam.

MS
  • Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sat in a 3 day class for 8 hours each day - I didn't do much notes other than paid attention to the instructor and studied for an hour and a half max before I wrote the test. I passed with 29 correct answers.

You really don't need to kill yourself for this exam :)