ITIL Intermediate Capability Stream: Operational Support and Analysis

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I completed this one this morning. Passed with a 90%.

Based on my experience with the RCV exam http://www.techexams.net/forums/itil-certifications/44724-itil-intermediate-capability-stream-release-control-validation.html , I was prepared for a really tough exam.

However, IMO this was not nearly as difficult as the RCV intermediate exam. It might be that I know the topic better, but I really don't think so.

MS

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on passing the exam! How would you rate the content of material that the exam reviewed? Did you find it worthwhile or was it more or less a refresher of previously learned knowledge.

I am still hoping for future ITIL v3 studies later next year, I had to put off going past upgrading from Practioner to the v3 equiv. due to a job change icon_sad.gif
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    down77 wrote: »
    Congrats on passing the exam! How would you rate the content of material that the exam reviewed? Did you find it worthwhile or was it more or less a refresher of previously learned knowledge.

I am still hoping for future ITIL v3 studies later next year, I had to put off going past upgrading from Practioner to the v3 equiv. due to a job change icon_sad.gif

For me it was definitely previously learned info, but I've been doing ITIL work for quite some time. I would say for most what's covered in all of the v3 Intermediate courses will be somewhat new information.

MS
  • glmanglman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will take the SOA exam in the next Friday, I studied the core book for service operation and my itsm book, and other recourses about case studies and staff, this is my first exam in the intermediate level ..

do you think i have to read other recourses ,and what about the exam result are you going to take it by the end of the exam

am tarried my friend

icon_rolleyes.gif
    glman wrote: »
    I will take the SOA exam in the next Friday, I studied the core book for service operation and my itsm book, and other recourses about case studies and staff, this is my first exam in the intermediate level ..

do you think i have to read other recourses ,and what about the exam result are you going to take it by the end of the exam

am tarried my friend

icon_rolleyes.gif

The core book(s) are what you really need to know. Remember, the SOA course is a capability module, so it potentially contains information from all of the core books. I don't know what "recourses" are, so I can't really give any advice there.

Please come back and let us know how you did.

Good luck,

MS
  • glmanglman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear man:

Regarding the exam did you receive all the scenarios first then the question or together, and what is the best way to manage your time during the
    Exam

Did you remember any scenarios from the exam, any thing familiar?

icon_cry.gif
    Dear man:

Regarding the exam did you receive all the scenarios first then the question or together, and what is the best way to manage your time during the
    Exam

icon_cry.gif

I received the scenarios when I took the exam.

I don't know what to tell you about managing your time, other than you have a little over 10 minutes for each question.

Even if I did remember anything specific about the exam or the scenarios, I wouldn't tell you.

MS
  • AlexandarAlexandar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed SOA today and finished with 20 min remaining. I got a score of 85% not sure where I went wrong. I was little slow in first half hr and then picked up speed after seeing that half hr flew by for just 2 questions (working on 3rd one).

I planned to finish 5 in first hr and leave rest 3 for the remaining half hr. Although I took the course, some of the material from OGC that was memorized helped to answer quickly. I checked for key words in the choices and if that matches OGC material (remotely at least).

Thanks
    Alex

Dear man:

Exam

icon_cry.gif
    Alexandar wrote: »
    I passed SOA today and finished with 20 min remaining. I got a score of 85% not sure where I went wrong. I was little slow in first half hr and then picked up speed after seeing that half hr flew by for just 2 questions (working on 3rd one).

I planned to finish 5 in first hr and leave rest 3 for the remaining half hr. Although I took the course, some of the material from OGC that was memorized helped to answer quickly. I checked for key words in the choices and if that matches OGC material (remotely at least).

Thanks
    Alex

Congratulations, I'd say that 85% is a really good score for this exam.

MS