Options

Network Security/Pen testing etc

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
At Rob's suggestion, I have started a new thread for this question.

Does anyone do network penetration (professionally or at home, preferably both)? What tools do you use? I am playing with "NMAP" and "Wireshark". I have messed around with older version of backtrack but I just recently downloaded the latest and greatest. I also use "metasploit" for a little while. Anyone use anything else? How about a good test lab. I was thinking that around my CCNA:S studies I would also try to pen the network that I just secured. Anyone have any good book suggestions to learn the basics from Network penetration (from a Network/Security Engineer perspective)? Specifically at Dynamik or Kimanyd, what are some things you study to get more knowledge in the world of network penetration. Mind you I am not an aspiring network pen tester but I do want to know exactly what I am up against.
Also for better skillset would a OSCP or CEH help me in my quest for networking knowledge? Has anyone taken these test and if so were they worth while?

FYI: Our forum doesn't like the word "Metasploit" or "Backtrack". Maybe it thinks they are dirty words

Comments