Options

ITIL V3 Intermediate Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
Today I completed the last of the 9 ITIL v3 intermediate exams. Today's exam was one of the Service Lifecycle exam, specifically the topic was Service Strategy.

I scored a 70%, which is exactly what is required to pass. It was 8 questions, with each question having a separate scenario. 1.5 hours are allowed, and I think I took about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

It was a tough exam, as all of the intermediate ones are. The only recommendation that I can give for anyone that might be studying this one in the future is to read and understand fully the ITIL Service Strategy book.

MS

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eMeS wrote: »
    I completed the last of the 9 ITIL v3 intermediate exams.
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Is this an early Halloween post? icon_pumpkin.gif You make it sound scary!! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice, congrats!

What are you moving on to now? Do you have work to do at the advanced levels? I know you were also thinking about branching out into other areas, such as LEED.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Nice, congrats!

What are you moving on to now? Do you have work to do at the advanced levels? I know you were also thinking about branching out into other areas, such as LEED.

Thanks.

At the moment I hold every ITIL certification known to man. There is supposed to be a "Master Level" released soon, but as of now the requirements have not been stated.

I've been neglecting IBM stuff, so I will probably do a little bit of work in that area. At the moment though I have nothing certification-wise on the close-in radar. Who knows, you guys and your labs sometimes make compelling reading that interests me in the Cisco stuff, but then I realize that I'm already at the limit my wife has set for computer-related equipment in our house, so that's a no-go.

I really wouldn't mind getting into LEED and ISO/IEC 14001 from an overall business perspective, however, I think my preference at the moment would be to contract someone to do that stuff. I just don't see myself and the experience that I have as being real credible in that industry, whereas someone who was more construction-oriented would have a more genuine story to tell.

Probably early next year I will start knocking out the CMC, but it will take a while to get that all wrapped up, so as for now my plans are fluid...

MS
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Is this an early Halloween post? icon_pumpkin.gif You make it sound scary!! icon_lol.gif

They really suck(ed). I hate any kind of exam where I know the material front and back, and I know that if I fail that I have no idea what I would study.

Just pleased that I eeked out a 70 so that I can officially check these as "done".

Also, I delivered my first of these classes this week. It was the "Service Transition" 3-day class. I was even happier today when I received their score report, which indicated that they all passed! That was much better news that my passing the strategy exam...

MS
  • Options
    jiovalonjiovalon Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Today I completed the last of the 9 ITIL v3 intermediate exams. Today's exam was one of the Service Lifecycle exam, specifically the topic was Service Strategy.

I scored a 70%, which is exactly what is required to pass. It was 8 questions, with each question having a separate scenario. 1.5 hours are allowed, and I think I took about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

It was a tough exam, as all of the intermediate ones are. The only recommendation that I can give for anyone that might be studying this one in the future is to read and understand fully the ITIL Service Strategy book.

MS

Congratulations on the achievement, you can tell me what book or study that was how their study to obtain the certification.
    Chears
    Hi MS,

I am planning to give the Service Operation paper. I have been studying the SO book which is from OGC.

Any other recommendations / preparations that will help me clear this exam

Is it necessary to go through training institutes?

Regards
    Arun
  • Options
    jesse4022jesse4022 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

MS

I would like to pursue advanced ITIL v3 certifications (SS, SD,ST,SO and CSI) and wanted to know if it is a requirement to take a class before sitting for any of the advanced ITIL v3 tests? For the ITIL v3 foundations I just bought the foundamentals ITIL v3 book, read it and then took the test. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Jesse

It is mandatory to take an accredited course before you present for any of the Intermediate exams. The course can be online or in a classroom, but you must ensure it's with an accredited provider.

Claire
  • Options
    codedkaycodedkay Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know if ITIL repeat questions as the same with retake exams
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi codedkay

For each lifecycle course, there are 3-4 live papers. If you are retaking an exam with the same examination institute, you should not see the same questions twice. If you switch to a different examination institute, there is a possibility you will see the same questions.

Claire