Options

ITIL help needed

HIFLYERHIFLYER Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Im writing ITIL V3 foundation exam on 18 Nov, does anyone have any tips regarding passing this exam, practice questions that have helped yoll etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Welcome Hiflyer,

I am about to take it myself so i can't rightly tell you how to pass it until I have done so myself. There are a couple of SMEs who normally post on this forum often who can give you much more authoritative answers. eMeS is one on them. Regarding ITIL, if he says something is so, I would believe him.

I can tell you what I am doing. I have read an ITIL Foundations book and I am reading it again. The book came with online resources which consists of mostly videos that share much of the same information as the book (but for a visual learner it can make a world of difference) and some diagrams of the interrelationships of the processes. I am also utilizing the Mindleaders site as it is provided to me for free from my workplace. There are several practice tests available online. eMeS provided me with one that I think is a great help as I think it will accurately reflect the types of questions that i will see.

The rest is pretty expected advice:
    know the processes and how they relate to each other
    understand the roles in the ITIL model
    Know the functions and how they relate.

My original plan was to primarily focus on the ITIL glossary but I have begun to understand that there is more to it than just learning the terms.

Good Luck.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■