Options

Zone-based Firewall - SDM or CLI?

roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm seeing the CBT Nuggets video about Firewall, and the author says that the CCNA Security exam is focused on SDM configuration and monitoring. Hence, do you advise me to study or don't ZBF configuration by CLI??

thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    roghan wrote: »
    I'm seeing the CBT Nuggets video about Firewall, and the author says that the CCNA Security exam is focused on SDM configuration and monitoring. Hence, do you advise me to study or don't ZBF configuration by CLI??

thanks
    You need to understand what is going on behind the scenes IMO. SDM is not greatly used outside of the Cisco certs so atleast being able to read the CLI config is very important. Not in any great detail but understand a bit about the classmaps & policymaps.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    According to the CCNA:Security exam blueprint you should be prepared to "Implement Zone Based Firewall using SDM" for the exam. But don't forget that you do have an option in SDM to review/preview the CLI code that it generates -- so it probably helps to be able to recognize the CLI code/options.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    According to the CCNA:Security exam blueprint you should be prepared to "Implement Zone Based Firewall using SDM" for the exam. But don't forget that you do have an option in SDM to review/preview the CLI code that it generates -- so it probably helps to be able to recognize the CLI code/options.

Thanks!! Then I will study SDM configuration very well, but I will see also main CLI commands (class-map ... match-any/all, policy-map, zone, ...). icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    roghan wrote: »
    Thanks!! Then I will study SDM configuration very well, but I will see also main CLI commands (class-map ... match-any/all, policy-map, zone, ...). icon_study.gif

know how to do it from the CLI AND the SDM.