Passed Foundation today

forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
Passed my Foundation exam today. Did worse than I thought I would; only 70%. My study materials didn't cover a lot of things the exam asked about(I used The Art of Service; I wouldn't recommend it).

However, a pass is a pass, so I'm happy regardless.
The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass.

I've noticed in many of the classes that I've delivered lately that although all students are passing, the average scores tend to be trending down. This leads me to believe that the questions have been revised and are much more difficult than in the past.

I have no proof of this, but when I see class averages go from 85-90% down to 70-75% then something is likely afoot.

MS
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass.

I've noticed in many of the classes that I've delivered lately that although all students are passing, the average scores tend to be trending down. This leads me to believe that the questions have been revised and are much more difficult than in the past.

I have no proof of this, but when I see class averages go from 85-90% down to 70-75% then something is likely afoot.

MS

That makes me feel a lot better that you have noticed a trend in this. I aced both your practice exam and the official one, and several others I found floating around the internet. You can imagine my surprise and frustration when I scored so low on the exam. Glad it's not just me.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    forkvoid wrote: »
    That makes me feel a lot better that you have noticed a trend in this. I aced both your practice exam and the official one, and several others I found floating around the internet. You can imagine my surprise and frustration when I scored so low on the exam. Glad it's not just me.

Yeah, I had some students pissed at me because they thought my practice exam was nothing like the real exam.

The thing is, 1 year ago when I wrote that practice exam it was very much like the real exam.

Time to retire it....

MS
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well done, ITIL is a nice addition to the resume.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    forkvoid wrote: »
    My study materials didn't cover a lot of things the exam asked about(I used The Art of Service; I wouldn't recommend it).
    Was that the 2009 edition of their Certification Kit? If it was it used to be a good match-up to the exam - they must have tweaked things.
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    astorrs wrote: »
    Was that the 2009 edition of their Certification Kit? If it was it used to be a good match-up to the exam - they must have tweaked things.

Yep, looks like it. Amazon.com: ITIL V3 Foundation Complete Certification Kit - 2009 Edition: Study Guide Book and Online Course (9781921573606): Tim Malone, Ivanka Menken, Gerard Blokdijk: Books
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    That's what I used and it worked pretty well for me. I thought that most things were covered with one exception. I believe it was the tools that was not covered as well but I had only one question about that topic on my exam.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    That's what I used and it worked pretty well for me. I thought that most things were covered with one exception. I believe it was the tools that was not covered as well. I had only one question about that topic on my exam.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP