I passed ITIL V3 Foundation

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
A special thanks to eMeS and Goforth and others. Passed the exams 85%. Thanks for all the insight and information. Feels good to pass this exam.

Best Regards,
Patrick

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    A special thanks to eMeS and Goforth and others. Passed the exams 85%. Thanks for all the insight and information. Feels good to pass this exam.
    Congrats! What did you use for study (or did you take the course?)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    astorrs wrote: »
    Congrats! What did you use for study (or did you take the course?)

Astorrs:

Sorry that was a bit lame leaving everyone high and dry.

First of all going to Taruu and using the provided information there was 50% if not more of my study time to be honest. It was a lot of good information.

I also had a friend/co worker who had his binder from the New Horizon training seminar and I borrowed that, which helped out a lot. One last resource I used was "The Official Introduction to the ITIL Service Lifecycle". This is the official ITIL/OGC intro book which I thought did a very good job of relating the subject matter together. I also like how it teased you into taking more specific classes.

If you have any questions at all let me know.

The test really didn't hit on one certain subject. It went into availability, then it would go into a function and back into the lifecycle. It was a very randomized test. I took the test at a Prometric site here in the states, and it gave me the option of marking the question and coming back to them after I completed the exam. I probably marked the first 8 questions. I was thinking oh boy here we go, but I hung in there and towards the end of the exam the studying really paid off. I was banging out questions, infact the last couple I didn't even finish the question I already knew the answer.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Congrats on the pass! Are you thinking of going any further in ITIL or is Foundations all you need for now?
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
    Congrats on the pass! Are you thinking of going any further in ITIL or is Foundations all you need for now?

I really would like to take it further to be honest. I have 14 days of vacation time set aside, I would be willing to make a trip to take the Operations Phase class/test. Although transition interest me and service improvement seems very helpful. Reporting and gauging metrics sounds like a pretty cool gig.

Goforth what about you?

I am thinking about taking Project+ in the meantime.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!

I'm giving the 5-day Operational Support and Analysis class in early June in San Jose, if you're looking for something soon.

MS
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

I'm giving the 5-day Operational Support and Analysis class in early June in San Jose, if you're looking for something soon.

MS

Let me talk to the fiancee. Maybe we can make an extended vacation out of it. Do like a 5 day study session with additional 3 days afterwards.

If I were to pass this exam what would that make me in the ITIL/OGC world. Not hung up on titles, but I am always looking for an edge in my career.

Actually I just spoke with her and she won't be able to make it. How much does the class cost. I have to check my expenses.

Maybe I can talk my work into paying, either way I will inquire and get back to you. If you could post the cost of the class and material that would be helpful. I will have to check how much hotels and flights cost from St Louis
    If I were to pass this exam how what would that make me in the ITIL/OGC world. Not hung up on titles, but I am always looking for an edge in my career.

It would mean that you hold the ITIL Intermediate Certification for Operational Support and Analysis.

This is a very rare credential at the moment. I agree with you...the knowledge that you'd get is more valuable than the cert.

MS
    eMeS wrote: »
    It would mean that you hold the ITIL Intermediate Certification for Operational Support and Analysis.

This is a very rare credential at the moment. I agree with you...the knowledge that you'd get is more valuable than the cert.

MS

I am interested to say the least
    I am interested to say the least

Contact me through PM if you want more specifics....

MS
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass
    Decide what to be and go be it.