Options

Bl8ckr0uter's Security+ trek

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well guys it has been fun but I am leaving this thread. I passed today with an 850. It was an easy test. I should have taken it months ago.

By the way if you are in the Cincy area, take ALL of your test at TACTIX. They are the only place open on Saturdays within 200 miles. Awesome shop. Leather chairs and comfortable atmosphere.

Next up LPIC-1
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    You missed the 950 though...
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!
    You missed the 950 though...

Yea. I was kinda weak on PKI. I will probably pick up a windows PKI guide and read it (was I am going through the 290 material). I am back to thinking I won't take the test though lol.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well guys it has been fun but I am leaving this thread. I passed today with an 850. It was an easy test. I should have taken it months ago.

By the way if you are in the Cincy area, take ALL of your test at TACTIX. They are the only place open on Saturdays within 200 miles. Awesome shop. Leather chairs and comfortable atmosphere.

Next up LPIC-1

WAY TO (BLANK)IN' GO!! LMAO!

I hope you weren't mad at me for "ridding" on you! LOL. I just knew you could do it.

(BTW, you should have taken that bet! Easy $100..... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif)
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    the crowd goes wild.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    WAY TO (BLANK)IN' GO!! LMAO!

I hope you weren't mad at me for "ridding" on you! LOL. I just knew you could do it.

(BTW, you should have taken that bet! Easy $100..... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif)

No. I was honestly mad at myself and angry about some of the stuff I mentioned in the other thread. Plus that particular day I really needed to get laid and work has been making that har...errr...difficult lol.

Now my Linux+ trek needs to be short and sweet lol.

Oh and one thing I did notice about the test was that I had almost no networking questions at all. And I really need to get a good PKI book for the GSEC.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■

Next up LPIC-1
    Good luck. And when you pass with 870 or something you can come back and post
    Why did I not take it earlier and just get it done?

LOL! Told you so!
  • Options
    LOL! Told you so!

Yea lol.

Is tactix where you go for your exams? They actually do all major vendors including SANS, MS, CSCO, Comptia and many others. Plus they just remodeled.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats bro!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Good job, I take mine tomorrow morning. There is a new place here in Phoenix that offers testing on Saturday and Sunday :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yea lol.

Is tactix where you go for your exams? They actually do all major vendors including SANS, MS, CSCO, Comptia and many others. Plus they just remodeled.

Yes. I usually take them on Saturdays.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! It took a while but the important thing is that you finished. You passed on the first attempt with a good score, good job!
    Next up LPIC-1
    Good luck!! Hopefully the Linux forums will have some more life in them. icon_cool.gif
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    ajmatson wrote: »
    Good job, I take mine tomorrow morning. There is a new place here in Phoenix that offers testing on Saturday and Sunday icon_smile.gif

Sunday testing? Now that is icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh my god, its finally over. Congratulations!!

So you are going to read up on 290 but not take the test? I hate to break it to you, but the 290 doesn't cover PKI. If you want PKI then you need to look at the 293.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    I am going to review all the student manuals for the mcse.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats knw, now can we please delete this thread and move on? :)
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Congrats knw, now can we please delete this thread and move on? :)

+1, hehe.
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    About time!

Congrats Kevin :D
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Awesome, congratulations!icon_cheers.gif