WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
After talking to Mikej412 and Webmaster it was agreed that there was a need for a separate thread devoted to requests for WGU references (Refer-A-Friend). You can use this thread to seek out WGU students at TechExams that are willing to refer you. You can read about how this benefits you and the person who refers you in the paragraph below.

Do not post your PII (Personally Identifiable Information) or e-mail address in your post. Reply with a request for a referral and we will contact you.

Refer-A-Friend

Did a friend or family member who is a current student or graduate of Western Governors University (WGU) refer you to WGU? Thank them by filling out the short form below. Not only will you receive an Admission Application fee waiver, valued at $65, but your friend/family member will receive a $50 Amazon.com® gift certificate* when you complete the initial course, Education Without Boundaries (EWB).
Edit by Webmaster:
For new members to be able to send or receive PMs, please follow the instructions in the welcome email you received when you registered at TechExams.net. Alternatively, you can enable the option "Receive Email from Other Members" in your user profile allowing active members to contact you for the referral.

mikej412-albums-misc-picture145-email-set.jpg

Active members (the referrer) can then contact you by emailing them via TE:

mikej412-albums-misc-picture143-email-option.jpg

Comments

• tc613tc613 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am interested in attending WGU and wondering if someone can PM me what I need to fill out the request form.

Thanks for your reply and help.

TC613
    PMP 2013 1st Quarter Goal
  • pleiadenpleiaden Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

New to the board - and I would love to get a referral.

Thanks!
  • mypcrepairguymypcrepairguy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Greetings,
    I recently moved to Parkersburg WV, and well employment opportunities for IT folks are slim pickings. With my wife working full time I think it may be time to head back and complete my degree. If someone would be so kind to pass along a referral to WGU that would be terrific! Thanks.
    (Start date 1/01/2011) BSIT: Network Design and Management

Units to Complete: (33)
    CLC1, WFV1(LOL), AKV1, TPV1(wip), AHV1, AIV1, AJV1

Transfered Units: (34)
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1,

Completed Units by Certification: (30)
    TEV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, TSV1

:study:currently reading: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide (Exam PK0-003) by Kim Heldman and William Heldman
  • someuser23someuser23 Member Posts: 103
    How long is this promotion going on for?
    Ribs still touching....
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    How long is this promotion going on for?

It's not really a promotion-- it's ongoing, at least for now.

My guess is it'll continue until WGU wises up and realizes they need to charge an unavoidable, irrevocable application fee like everyone else. :D
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • GrazopperGrazopper Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all!! Long time reader of the forums, first time posting. I am looking to attend WGU, and came across this thread.

If anyone would care to refer me, it would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!
  • apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey all,

Looking for a WGU Referral, looking to get the ball moving ASAP with a start date of September 1 if possible so the sooner the better.

Thanks,
    APR911
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    Anyone willing to give a referral?

I'll give you a cookie. :)
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    Forkvoid, you are going to be joining us soon? :)

Indeed. It's taken me a while to get over my apprehension about online vs "real" universities. It's mostly a matter of pride and my own perception. All the jobs I want require degrees, and the ability to do it quickly was the deciding factor.

I did just find out that of all my certs, only the two that aren't in the program would count(my A+, Net+ and iNet+ are older than five years, with my Linux+ being exactly five years). :/
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    forkvoid wrote: »
    I did just find out that of all my certs, only the two that aren't in the program would count(my A+, Net+ and iNet+ are older than five years, with my Linux+ being exactly five years). :/

That is one of the things that I appreciate about WGU. They require your certs to be current in order for them to count.
    Indeed. It's taken me a while to get over my apprehension about online vs "real" universities. It's mostly a matter of pride and my own perception. All the jobs I want require degrees, and the ability to do it quickly was the deciding factor.
    The deciding factor for me was when USC Upstate pulled out of out of Greenville. Up until then they had a CIS degree that you could work on during the evenings. The program was through a USC extension program.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    How soon after I start can offer referral(s)? Is it after EWB or after a full term?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think Veritas did his first while taking EWB..lol
    Should be OK once you complete EWB
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Okay, finally decided to not wait to get a two-year degree out of the way and go straight for the BS at WGU. Anyone want to refer me? Thanks.
    Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
    Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
    EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
    Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
    LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1
  • ioperateioperate Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Could someone assist me with getting a referral for WGU. I'm about to call to sign up soon, so in a rush. Thanks...

I can be reached via email MODERATED (That's the best way). I'm not sure if I can find my own profile here (like I said.. newbee here).

I've worked in IT for 22 years, and am out of work for the first time in my career. I'd really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks,

John
    Hey if anyone needs a referral, since I just finished EWB, you can PM me.
  • Lemonade727Lemonade727 Member Posts: 177
    My fiance is planning on going back ASAP to try and finish her bachelor's (I'll be following next year after I get other things sorted out). She's going to be transferring over her AAS (or what she can from it). If anyone could get in touch with me for a referral it would be much appreciated!

Edit: Thanks again for the referral Tato500!
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Finished! I'm a graduate now!
    Classes Transferred:
    AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1
  • madmanmuromadmanmuro Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Found this forum from google searching about WGU. I'd like a referral please.
    madmanmuro wrote: »
    Found this forum from google searching about WGU. I'd like a referral please.
    Read the info at the start of the thread. We have to be able to contact you!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    Read the info at the start of the thread. We have to be able to contact you!
    There may be a lag after requesting PM access before it happens.... but I see that they do have PM access now.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    There may be a lag after requesting PM access before it happens.... but I see that they do have PM access now.

I sent him a PM.
  • apachesurferapachesurfer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like a referral please, just created an account though, so I am not sure if I can receive or send PM's yet. I did allow members to e-mail me though when setting up the account. Thanks in advance!
    I would like a referral please, just created an account though, so I am not sure if I can receive or send PM's yet. I did allow members to e-mail me though when setting up the account. Thanks in advance!

I responded to you via e-mail. Please contact me back at the e-mail address I gave you in that message.

And welcome to TE. :)
  • derrialfosterderrialfoster Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    request for a referral Please... just want a referral so I can get my app fee waive for WGU:D
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I'd be happy to help, but we need to be able to either PM or E-mail you.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
    request for a referral Please... just want a referral so I can get my app fee waive for WGU:D

Sent you PM!
  • nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    hi all,

I'm a long time reader, but just signed up recently. Discovered WGU while searching for a technical school. Spent a few days reading reviews around the web and finally found these threads about WGU on TE icon_lol.gif dooh how i didn't see all these threads about WGU on here icon_redface.gif.

I'm just starting a new job, so as soon as I have enough save up, i'm gonna spend it on WGU. Plan on studying Information Technology—Networks Design & Management, so if anyone could please send me an invite, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all. :D
    nhan.ng wrote: »
    hi all,

I'm a long time reader, but just signed up recently. Discovered WGU while searching for a technical school. Spent a few days reading reviews around the web and finally found these threads about WGU on TE icon_lol.gif dooh how i didn't see all these threads about WGU on here icon_redface.gif.

I'm just starting a new job, so as soon as I have enough save up, i'm gonna spend it on WGU. Plan on studying Information Technology—Networks Design & Management, so if anyone could please send me an invite, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all. :D
    You need to enable it where we can PM or email you. Read the first post on this thread. One of us can refer you then.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If a new user has requested PM access, there may be a delay until icon_wm.gif logs in and verifies they're human and grant access.

The email option is faster for new members who want a referral since they can control that through their profile.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    earweed wrote: »
    You need to enable it where we can PM or email you. Read the first post on this thread. One of us can refer you then.

thanks. I thought it was enable when i signed in. Just double check and fixed it. It's all good now.

thanks icon_cheers.gif
    sent you an email