Options

Official ITIL Sample Exam Difficulty

plantageplantage Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I downloaded and took the official ITIL sample exam (
http://www.itil-officialsite.com/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=866&sID=230) and passed it. To those who have taken the exam, is this sample an accurate depiction of the difficulty of the actual exam?

I got 30/40 on it. Thus, I will take the questions I missed and study their subject matter in order to strengthen my knowledge of those areas.

My exam is tomorrow. So, I am hopeful to pass.

Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    plantage wrote: »
    Hi,

I downloaded and took the official ITIL sample exam (
    http://www.itil-officialsite.com/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=866&sID=230) and passed it. To those who have taken the exam, is this sample an accurate depiction of the difficulty of the actual exam?

Yes. Official ITIL sample exam questions are written at the same time that real test questions are written, so they should look roughly the same.

MS
  • Options
    I had written unofficial ITIL exams I found online, which were considerably more difficult (though, I suspect that's because they were ambiguously worded) and didn't do as well. But this has definitely given me more confidence. I had been thinking of postponing my exam by another day or two. But I think with more studying, I should be able to get a good mark and pass the exam tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight, eMeS. It's appreciated!
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Passed ITIL V3 Foundations today. Definitely had a similar feel to the sample exams, but with a lot more pressure, of course. :)
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats on the pass!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm quite happy and looking forward to studying my next cert. However, tonight I will be sleeping well!
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    First of all congrats.

May I ask what you used to study?

So far I have been reading through the taruu study guide and watching some Youtube videos posted by IsleBeeBach. I am trying to gauge whether or not this material will suffice or I should look into picking up a book.

Thanks
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    First of all congrats.

So far I have been reading through the taruu study guide and watching some Youtube videos posted by IsleBeeBach. I am trying to gauge whether or not this material will suffice or I should look into picking up a book.

Thanks

Get a book and a good one too. The OGC foundations book was outstanding IMO. I also purchased the Life Cycle book but that was more for my own understanding.
  • Options
    pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    plantage wrote: »
    Woo hoo! Passed ITIL V3 Foundations today. Definitely had a similar feel to the sample exams, but with a lot more pressure, of course. :)

Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    First of all congrats.

Thanks

One of the resources I used, which was fine as a supplement, was taruu. But it's very vague and lacking in details in many sections.

I also used ITIL V3 Foundation Certification Exam Preparation Course in a Book (which was easy to read, but also lacking) and CBT nuggets, which I used to reinforce what I had already learned and noted anything unfamiliar to me. I also grabbed the ITIL objectives and glossary and made notes. Those were the materials I used.

I would also suggest getting the 5 different samples of official ITIL exams that are floating about the internet. They are a good gauge for whether you're ready.

Good luck!