Options

mnemonic devices?

anyone have a trick to remember the Lifestyle processes for the Foundations exam?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    anyone have a trick to remember the Lifestyle processes for the Foundations exam?

"Lifestyle" = Lifecycle

The Lifecycle is composed of phases, not processes, the phases are:

Service Strategy
    Service Design
    Service Transition
    Service Operation
    Continual Service Improvement

This might help you remember the names of the phases:

Some - Strategy
    Damn - Design
    Test - Test
    On - Operation
    Itil - Improvement

MS
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    eMeS wrote: »
    "Lifestyle" = Lifecycle

The Lifecycle is composed of phases, not processes, the phases are:

Service Strategy
    Service Design
    Service Transition
    Service Operation
    Continual Service Improvement

This might help you remember the names of the phases:

Some - Strategy
    Damn - Design
    Test - Test
    On - Operation
    Itil - Improvement

MS

thanks, but I meant the processes under those phases...

here's what I did for those, I did Sammy Davis Terrell Owens for Strategy Design Transition and Operation...

I was talking about the processes here:

ITILv3Essentials

I have came up with something dumb, but it works for me, a touchdown is 7 points, (6 if you wanna get technical, but i gave them the extra point, go team!)... so T for Transition and D for Design, each have 7 processes

Hawaii Five-0 is a new (sorta) show out, the O is for Operation, there are 5 processes there, and then I just memorized the ones for Strategy and CSI

I test today at 2pm, we'll see how it turns out
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    I was talking about the processes here:

ITILv3Essentials

When I access this link it loads a blank page.
    I have came up with something dumb, but it works for me, a touchdown is 7 points, (6 if you wanna get technical, but i gave them the extra point, go team!)... so T for Transition and D for Design, each have 7 processes

Design has 7 processes, technically Transition does as well, but at the foundation level you really only cover 4 of them. These four are:

-Service Asset and Configuration Management
    -Change Management
    -Release and Deployment Management
    -Knowledge Management

I wouldn't worry about knowing the specific processes in Strategy and CSI, but you do need to know the 5 Service Operation processes.

MS
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    hmmm, link works for me, that's odd, it was a map on Taruu... my test got rescheduled by the school due to an issue with the vouchers, still waiting to find out when the test will be, i feel i am ready though

thanks for the help!
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    hmmm, link works for me, that's odd, it was a map on Taruu... my test got rescheduled by the school due to an issue with the vouchers, still waiting to find out when the test will be, i feel i am ready though

thanks for the help!

I loaded it on a different browser. IMO it's not exactly what I would recommend someone study for Foundation. CSI and Strategy processes aren't always specifically called out on Foundation, and from a Foundation perspective Transition only has the 4 processes previously mentioned.

What's much more useful to study for Foundation is the official itil glossary, as it is mostly a test of mastery of terms and definitions.

MS